Chapter-10: Project Partners

Destiny is weird. Isn't it? The more you'll run away from it, the more it will start running after you.

After hearing the conversation between Nandini and her Ayiaapa, Manik & Cabir came back to Manik's place.

Nandini's word pinched Manik's heart like a pointed tool. He was hurt. He wasn't able to digest the fact that people can think that low of him.

He was behaving normal infront of Cabir like nothing could affect him but only Cabir knew how miserably, he was failing in his act.

Cabir went to another room and slept wishing good night while Manik laid down on his bed.

Today, sleep was just a far-fetched dream. Something was making his heart restless. But what was it?

The guilt of pulling the shitty prank on such an innocent soul who in return did nothing but saved their careers?

Or...

Those words which he heard for him the venom he had for himself in people's mind?

Or...

Was it a mixture of both?

He was tossing on bed, thinking maybe he will find a comfortable position in which he could have a peaceful sleep.

"Argh! Why can't I get her out of head?" Irritated, he got up from bed.

"Bullshit!" He cursed.

He took steps towards the balcony and rested his hands on railings to hold the support. He was agitated.

"I can never even think of doing this to a girl just for some shitty revenge. I know what dignity means to anyone. Even I have two girls in my life who are like sisters to me then how can anyone think that I can go to this extent?"

He was right. No matter what, he respected girls.

He had Alya & Mukti with him who meant more than real sisters to him. He knew what's wrong and what's right.

"I know, I have a bad image among people but at the same time people love me for my music then how can someone blame me for such pathetic act?"

He was angry but at the same time, guilt of playing that prank on Nandini wasn't letting his anger come out.

He still remembered Navya's words.

"Wo Actually Nanssssss!!! She is really too good for this cruel world!!!"

"Haa! Dekho ab tum logo ne hmare sath kitna bura kia, college ke phle din hi! But still she thought about you, your careers and your family and their expectations."

"Haa!!! She just wanted to stop all that ragging thing. She said, she doesn't want to be the reason of someone's ruined career and expectations. She doesn't want to hurt anyone in any way."

He wanted to get these words out of his head but nothing was leaving him to have peace.

And then the couple of seconds later he use to remind those harsh words which breaks something in his heart.

"I have seen many devils but trust me no one was like you. You made Navya drunk. Seriously? So that you could have taken her advantage? Revenge lena tha na mujhse toh sirf mujhse hi liya hota then why you included her? If it would have been limited to me, I won't have said anything. But nhi you tried to harm Navya as well. You are seriously a monster. A jerk! A creep!"

Was she that innocent so that she was blaming herself too for not protecting?

Was Cabir right about her?