Chapter Fifteen: Cheerleaders Watch Hockey?

Yet another week had passed and the team was doing better and better every time we hit the ice. This afternoon we played our first A conference team, which meant that this would be the first one that counted towards going to State Championship or not.

I heard a knock at my door, forcing me to get out of my warm bed and into my cold room. The heat immediately left my body and the cold air pricked my exposed skin, which was a lot because I was only wearing my boxer shorts and a tank top. I slowly made my way down the stairs and to the door, and whoever was there wasn't happy with my slow pace because of how many times they had rung the bell.

"Cam?" I had opened the door and Cameron was standing there in her pajamas and a huge box filled to the brim with random stuff.

"Big day! Come on we're going upstairs." She walked past me and headed up to my room with her box, leaving me alone and struck dumb. "Hurry your butt up!" I followed her upstairs and walked into my bedroom as she was dumping the stuff from the box onto my bed. "We need to look fantastic for today!"

I rolled my eyes, knowing I had no option but to follow Cam's orders. "What am I going to wear today?" I basically cringed as she held up a dress of hers that I knew I was going to have to wear. "You know I'm not going to wear that right?"

"You also know that you have no options, because one, it's coaches dress code and two, I'm forcing you." She gave me a small smile and chucked the dress at me and motioned for me to put it on. About thirty minutes later we were standing in front of my full length mirror admiring Cam's choices for hair and makeup along with our dresses.

I was wearing a tight grey skater dress that had quarter length sleeves with a high scoop neckline and a low back. The dress fell mid thigh, fanning out from the waist. Cam was wearing a navy blue dress with inch thick straps and a deep v-neck that also fell mid thigh. Hers hugged her whole body perfectly all the way to the end of the dress, making her look gorgeous.

"I did good didn't I Ciara?"

"Yah you did!"

"So you forgive me for forcing you to wear a dress?"

"Maybe. Plus I do look a little good in a skater dress."

"A little? Ciara you are smoking! An obvious ten on my scale."

"Why thank you! And same to you!"

"Less talking and more moving! We need to get to school!" We both turned towards the clock realizing we needed to head to school now or we might end up being late. I ran a brush through my long straight hair one more time while Cam fluffed her curls and we were off. We ran to my truck with our school and hockey bags in hand ready for the game.

Once at school we dropped our stuff off in the girls locker room then made our way back to the main hallway of the school towards our first period classes. As we made our way down the hall lots of the guys were whistling and checking both Cam and I out. A small blush started to creep into my cheeks and as soon as I thought I could get it under control Parker saw us walking down the hallway and froze. His jaw dropped and his eyes basically glazed over. Lucas had the same expression, but his was focused on Cam while Parker was focused on me. The blush was on full power now and as we continued walking towards them both boys shook there heads and regained their composure.

"Wow you girls clean up pretty nice, for hockey players at least." Parker was completely over the initial shock of seeing us in something other than sweaty hockey pads, and was back to playful sarcasm.

"Wish I could say the same for you two." Both boys were wearing collared shirts, but their ties were a complete mess. I pulled Parker over to me first and started to retire it for him, then did the same to Lucas's tie. "Did your dads never teach you how to tie a tie? You look like idiots walking around with it looking like a shoelace tied around your necks."