Chapter Five: Invitation

Author's Note:
Above is a picture of Lucas and Parker! I love these two actors and if this ever becomes a movie, these two guys will be playing those two parts no matter what!
➰➰➰➰➰
"I have a plan, calm down."

"What's your plan Cameron? Find another ice hockey league that will take two girls this late in the season! Let's face it our hockey careers are over!" I was yelling by the end of my little temper tantrum, unable to hold all of my anger in. It was senior year and no way I was going to be able to play in college if scouts couldn't see me play this year. If only I had set the alarm correctly this morning then maybe we would have been on the team. I started finding reasons we could have been possibly cut from the team. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, maybe I wasn't going on my edges, maybe the other coach just really hated us...

"No, were going to go and talk to Coach Tillman. This is probably all a big misunderstanding and we will get it all straightened out." Cam had a determined face on. I had only ever seen her look like this in two occasions before. The first was when we were in second grade and someone pushed me off the swing and she pushed them right back. The second was when we first tried out for the hockey team together in middle school.

"Cam I know you to well by now to know that you don't even believe what's coming out of your mouth right now." I whisper shouted the last part realizing everyone had started to stare. Thats when Cam started to walk away from me and down the hall. She was headed towards Coach Tillman's office, ready for a fight. I ran after her still unable to comprehend why we weren't on the team.

"We might not be able to talk our way back on the team, but maybe there is another way." She walked straight past Coach's office and farther down the hall.

"We are not hurting anyone, no matter how bad you want this." Even though I knew we shouldn't get violent, I even wanted to punch something right about now. Cam stopped so abruptly I ran right into her. She helped me back to a stable stance before knocking on the door in front of us.

"Come in!" Cam opened the door and when I saw the small bald man, sitting at his large wooden desk, is when I realized that we were complaining to Coach Rook.

"We demand to know why such a sexist coach can't seem to get his head out of his ass long enough to see that there are two amazing hockey players standing right in front of him. He won't even accept that we can be just as good, if not better than your boys team." I stepped up beside by best friend ready to lend her any support needed. Or if there was a turn of events hold her back from hurting anyone.

"And also we did double the amount of work than anyone else out there, but your to sexist of a coach to see past our girly features and see our great hockey skills." I continued Cam's rant with a few of my own strong opinions, just to make sure our point was heard. That's when he started to smile. It wasn't a happy one but instead a very cruel and evil looking one. We had just done something very wrong and it was way to late to go back now.

"Girls apologize to Coach Rook right now." Coach Tillman had walked straight up behind us during our rant, and we both knew he was extremely disappointed. Because of this realization, for some reason another wave of anger washed over me. Instead of punching someone's teeth out I let out another short rant.

"Why should we, he is being a sexist pig. If anything he should be apologizing to us for kicking us of of our own team." I knew I shouldn't continue to be so rude, but I really didn't see many consequences at this point in time. We had already lost everything that's important to us so I didn't see the down side to yelling at anyone I wanted to at this point.

"You need to apologize, because you did make the team. Ciara, your our new team captain, along with Parker from the boys team. Cameron, you are their co-captain along side Lucas, also from the boys team." That's when my heart skipped a beat and I felt like I could fly. We had actually made the team, and more than that we still held our leadership potions. I didn't know what to do with all my new found joy in that moment, but that's when Coach Rook coughed a little from behind us, returning me to reality. "I think you all know what to do from here. I'll be in my office if anyone needs me." Coach Tillman walked away, and back down the hall towards his own office, leaving us alone with the devil.