Choater Nine: Revenge

The week passed by faster than I could blink. During every afternoon practice coach never brought up the Monday scrimmage. The guys team basically just gave us a cold shoulder the whole week too. Practice was hard because they would participate with us as little as possible. The team was obviously split and we were in no shape to play a game against another team like this.

Before I knew it though, I was in the locker room Friday after practice, wondering what my weekend would hold. I started to contemplate about the past few days and all the drama that had come with them. I looked around at my team and every single person seemed extremely exhausted. I racked my brain for ideas on how to boost my team's morale. "Anyone up for a girls night?" I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder while waiting for a response to my question proud about the idea I had come up with, hoping the team would love it too. "Everyone can come spend the night at my house to celebrate the win over the guys on Monday!"

A chorus of yeses rang through out the locker room, excited for a well deserved sleepover with the girls. "Ok everyone, my house tonight, nine o'clock! Don't be late!" I then looked down at my watch, realizing I only had three hours to get the house in order to be there and ready before everyone was there. I looked over at Cam, and she nodded. It was tradition for us to always set up the girls night together. She always handled the food while I did the cleaning. "Are you ready to go? We have a lot to do!" I had walked over to Cam, ready to get started, but her bag was only half packed.

"I'm almost ready I swear!" She shoved her hockey pads and skates all into her bag, then jogged to catch up to me since I was already at the door. "Are you excited for tonight's par..." Cameron was interrupted by two guys I really didn't want to see at the moment.

"Are you all throwing a party tonight? Are we invited?" Parker and Lucas started walking on either side of Cam and I, but Parker spoke, sarcasm heavy in his voice. They were still mad about the win on Monday. Jealous freaks.

"No I'm sorry, but we don't invite losers. Especially ones that loose to two girls!"

This really hit a nerve because both boys flinched. They knew they should have won because the odds were extremely, against us with a lack of subs. All it took was one small mistake on their part though to win us the whole game and they knew it. "We let you win. We didn't need you complaining or cursing out another adult about how unfair your life is."

I can't believe Parker just went there. He had just used the reason the game happened against us! Cam and I had made it to my truck so we hopped in and completely ignored both boys. We quickly drove home in silence, unsure of what really happened back there. I still couldn't tell you why Cam still used her lame comebacks, but with all the attitude she put into them they could be pretty insulting. We walked right through the back door and started our jobs.

I cleaned up the whole basement and kitchen, while Cam took care of the food and movies. She defiantly had the easier job, but there was no way I was ever going to get her to help me clean. I tried once a couple of years ago and let me just say, long story short she broke my vacuum cleaner. I never let her clean again and she is complete happy about it.

Ten before nine we had layed out three bowls of chips, five bottles of soda, and ten different movies, along with fruits and beef jerky.

The door bell rang and I opened the door to find ten girls dressed in sweats and pajamas with pillows and blankets in front of me. "Come on in guys!" I let them in and they all knew exactly where to go. My basement might not have been as modern as Parker's, but it was just right for our smaller team. It had multiple places to sit around the main TV. It also had speakers to play music and a large open space to lay out all of our sleeping bags.