Chapter Six: Party at Parkers

"Do I really have to wear this?" I was looking in the full length mirror the hung from the back of my closet door.

"What else would you wear? All you own are sweats and then that outfit!" Cams voice came from the bathroom, where she was doing her hair. I looked back at the mirror to make sure everything was straight. I adjusted the strap of my black crop top, and the waist of my high waisted skinny jeans, which I had borrowed from Cam. I slipped on my black cardigan and changed out my pearl studs for silver hoop earrings. Thats when Cam made her way out of the bath room and over to me. "Damn, we look hot!"

"Can I borrow a pair of shoes? I just realized all I have are my tennis shoes and flats."

"Don't worry I'm way ahead of you." Cam walked over to her bag of stuff that she always keeps here, and pulled out a pair of black wedges for me and a pair of cork wedges for her. Once we had put our shoes on we stepped back in front of the mirror. "Yes! I'm finally taller than you!"

I was five-nine while Cam was five-seven, and with her three inch wedges, she was just a little above me in height. I looked over at Cam one more time in the mirror. She was wearing a tan skirt with a white t-shirt and her long blond hair straight, but she didn't have on any makeup. She always told me it was a huge waste of time since others opinions didn't matter as long as she thought she looked good. Even though I fully support her, I always end up doing a little bit of mascara just to take that extra little step.

"Alright it's already 7:55 we should probably get going." Cam had already grabbed her phone and was making her way to the door. I followed behind her grabbing my phone from the kitchen counter and also my car keys. I checked to make sure my straight, long, brown hair was still parted correctly and made my way to the car. I unlocked the truck and hopped inside, putting the key in the ignition.

"Can you find some directions on your phone? I have no idea where I'm going." I started to pull out of the drive way and onto the main road hoping I was going the right way.

"Ok, it's actually right beside the school. On the map here it looks like the huge brick one we pass on the right every morning before the south side parking lot."

"Oh yah I know where that is." I followed Cam's instructions, which got us there in only five minutes time. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess." With those words, Cameron jumped out of the truck leaving me to follow her up to the door. I glanced back at the road, noticing a few of the cars. Sadie, Rose and Alayna were all here already, so luckily we wouldn't be the first people to arrive.

"Hello ladies." Cameron had rung the door bell, and not even thirty seconds later, Parker had opened the door. "The team is down in the basement. Go through the white door down the hall and you'll see it on your left right before you get into the kitchen."

We followed Parker's instructions, and made our way down to the biggest basement I had ever seen. Downstairs was a couch big enough to fit our whole ice hockey team, and a TV that was large enough to do the same. To the right was a pool table, that also could turn into what looked like an air hockey table. It was the perfect ice hockey team den.

"Hey Ciara, hey Cam! Come join us!" Sadie waved us over to the coach where five guys were sitting with not only, Sadie, Rose, and Alayna, but also Sophia. "This is Lucas, wing, Thomas, wing, Alex, defender, Zach, defender, and James, goalie." With each persons name, Sadie also listed off their position on the ice.

"Hi I'm Ciara Payne, center, and this is Cameron Hamilton, wing."

"Actually I prefer Cam, but you can call me Cameron if you liked being punched in the jaw." Cam smiled sweetly at the guys and sat down next to Sadie.