Chapter Nine: Hand Complications

I slowly opened my eyes. I felt dazed. I blinked a few times. I saw five people around my hospital room. Charlie, Kaelyn, Sophie and Audrey sounded like they were in the middle of a conversation and Grayson was sitting in the chair beside my playing on his phone.

"Is there ever a time you're not on that thing?" I asked him. I tried to sit up but I couldn't feel my hand.

"BELLE!!!" The girls screamed and Grayson fell out of his chair in fright and I giggled at the little act.

"We are in a hospital, shut up" Grayson and I told them off and I started laughing again.

"Yeah I'm going to get dad." Grayson walked out.

"How long have you been here?" I asked the girls

"Since 7" Kaelyn, Audrey and Sophie replied

"I haven't left, I was here for the whole five hours you were in surgery." Charlie told me.

"Who knows the truth?" I asked her.

"I told Emma and Dad, I also told them that Isaac can't know and that Owen and Liam shouldn't know since those two are blabbermouths" Charlie informed me. "Oh, and dad wants to see you when we get home. He wouldn't tell me why though he just said father daughter time. He didn't hint whether its good or bad though"

"Great" I said sarcastically and forced a grin. Dr Willows walked in with Grayson.

"Hey Belle, how are you feeling?" He asked

"Ok I think but I can't feel my hand is that normal?"

"It might be the medication but I'll check on that in the morning. There was a few nerves damaged from the glass and a couple small one died but everything should turn out fine in the end. It may take between 4-8 weeks to heal fully and move around. Other than that are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired" I yawned.

"You need sleep." He was going through my record. I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the sunlight flooding the room. I sat up and stretched, I saw Charlie sleeping on the couch under the window. I reached for my phone and it fell right into someone's hand.

"I got it" I jumped and squealed when I heard Lane's voice, he put his over my mouth.

"What the heck are you doing here? How did you know I was here?" I asked him when I removed his hand from my mouth while glaring at Charlie.

"Bub chill, everyone except dad believes I'm at work. I'm doing an extra shift later so I decided to drop by and do some errands"

"you can't tell..." I started

"Owen or Isaac, I know"

"or Liam"

"What... fine"

"if you tell Liam then he would tell Owen or even Isaac himself," I explained the risk to him.

"Whatever makes you happy, but they will find out eventually." He warned and I glared at him. Dr Willows walked in.

"good morning Belle, how are you feeling today?"

"I feel fine but I still can't feel my hand it feels like its numb and not there." I gave him a worried look. He walked over to me, I just sat there and watched him as he squeezed parts of my hand but I couldn't feel the sensation of the motions.

"Can you squeeze my hand please?" he asked holding my hand. I tried to squeeze his hand and after two minutes of trying to squeeze his hand I finally did.

"ok... can you make a fist?" he asked observing and again I tried to tell my hand to make a fist and after a while of pure concentration I did it.

"I think it would just take some time to heal and adjust." He said "I think you should start therapy next week to keep track of progress and learn techniques to support the hand healing." He wrote on the note "I'm surprised Isaac isn't here" the doctor looked at me.

"Isaac doesn't know and isn't going to know for another couple of days at the least." I gave him a look to warn him not to say anything or he will go in the doghouse.

"You're ready to go. Lane can you come with me to fill out the release forms so Isabelle can go home. While we do that a nurse is going to come in a put a cast on that hand to protect it from infection and further injury." The doctor left with Lane and a male nurse walked in with a cast creating kit.

"Hey Belle" Henry placed the box on the table and started pulling out the equipment. After 10 minutes, 5 minutes trying to wake Charlie, I was in Lane's car driving home. I drifted off to sleep a couple of times. Before I knew it I was home. I opened the front door.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked and I ignored.

"How are you feeling now?" Emmy asked.

"Better I suppose. Where's dad?" I asked her

"Upstairs" Owen said.

"With Layla upstairs" Emma told me. I hugged her and went upstairs.

I knocked on Layla's bedroom door.

"Come in" her small voice answered. I opened the door to see Dad and Layla having a tea party.

"Isabelle?" Dad sounded surprised.

"Belle" Layla screamed. She jumped up and ran to me, it wasn't long before I had 7 kids hugging me.

"Guys can I talk to the Birthday girl" Dad said pulling Layla and Mason off of me. I had completely forgotten, I am 16 now. Wow.