Chapter eight: another hospital trip

We walked up to the reception.
"Hey Henry, is your girlfriend available?" Charlie asked the reception guy.
"Lucy, your nieces are here" he turned around and called out to the door open behind him.
"Yes Henry?" She saw us and sighed. "Really who am I treating this time?"
"I'm the lucky one" I showed her my hand. She put her hand to her forehead.
"Oh, Isabelle, what are we going to do with you?" She shook her head.
"Lock me up in a tower with nothing but a bed and mashed up food." I said sarcastically.

I sat on the bed and showed Lucy my bloody hand.
"That looks bad. I think you need a X-ray" Lucy said inspecting my hand. I hopped off the bed and Lucy and I went to the X-ray machines. When we got back into her treatment room she put the X-ray images on the X-ray light machine.

"You've managed to put glass into your bone. This looks like a small operation, and it looks like you're spending the night here." Lucy said pointing to the white specks scattered around in my hand.

"Ok, can we get Charlie and Kaelyn in here?" I asked.

"Sure," Lucy stepped outside. Can my life get any more complicated? Lucy came back with two teenagers behind her.

"I have to get an operation to remove glass fragments. I have to stay the night, but I don't want the boys to worry. The cover story is that I'm staying at Kaelyn's house tonight to stay away from Isaac and the stresses at home." I told them.

"Ok, good luck. Can I tell Sophie and Audrey? I'll invite them over to my house and we can all come back later. After dad or Mum fixes your hand." She said as Dr. Willows walked in.

"Kaelyn, why are you not at school?" he asked

"Because Belle is here"

"Is Grayson still at school?" he asked.

"Yes, dad. He is doing his English orals today" she informed her father.

"Hi Dr Willows" Charlie and I greeted him.

"Hi girls, Belle let me have a look at this hand of yours." He started to inspect my hand. "Yes you have done an extremely good job with cutting your hand up. Doesn't this hurt?" he asked as he squeezed my hand.

"No" I said watching him, poking around the wound.

"You definitely need surgery since you can't even feel anything." He said taking off his gloves. "Let's go down to the theatre room, Shall we?" he said helping me down off the bed.

"Bye, and remember don't tell the boys especially Isaac" I walked out with Dr Willows. When we got into theatre I was given a hospital gown. I lay onto the operating table. One of the nurses put a needle into my arm.

"Can you please countdown form 10?" she asked after emptying and removing the needle.

"10...9...8...7...6...5..." my eyelids became heavy. "4...3...2...1" I fell into darkness.

"Hello Isabelle, I can torture you now and you won't be able to force yourself awake." The masked face told me. "Do you want to hear a funny story? Well, I'll tell you anyway. Your little Emma Katherine wasn't hit by accident. I created that crash with a previous victim of mine. You were supposed to be in the car with her but oh well." The guy took off his mask. Mr Raul, my sixth grade teacher. My sixth grade teacher murdered my mother.