Chapter 5 - Return

Author's note: A tremendous "WELCOME BACK" to 'A Life worth Living'. I am so, so, so, so sorry that it has taken so long to update any of my stories! My life has been incredibly busy recently, but it's been a wonderful ride despite how much I have missed writing fanfiction and speaking to you all J I am so glad to be back, and I hope to write more frequently and consistently from now on. Fingers crossed!

I truly hope you enjoy reading this chapter! You are all amazing, and I thank you for your ongoing readership, support, and patience through this journey.

Have fun!

'A Life worth Living'

Chapter 5- Return

14 years later- Scotland, UK

Edward's POV

"This is unbelievable!" Jake shouted, his voice echoing off the pristine walls of our new place. I gave a sheepish grin, internally satisfied by his awe as I watched him from the banister of the second storey. I then fashioned my face to one of indifference as Bella passed by.

"Don't pretend with me; I know you're delighted he loves the place," she grinned cheekily as she carried three loaded boxes past my line of vision.

"No I'm not," I replied in a half-hearted attempt to convince her otherwise. However, if truth be told, I was relieved by his excitement; the past couple of months have been a difficult time for all of us, but particularly for Jacob and Ness who needed to say goodbye to Billy and the Quileutte Tribe.

Jacob was now running into every room of our new place (8 bedrooms in total) and his exclamations were heard loud and clear by myself and my family as he provided us (unintentionally) with a running commentary of his thoughts; my gift was hardly necessary.

"I swear this place could fit 5- no, 10 of my houses from La Push!"

"Somehow I don't think Jake has seen a house this big before, what do you think, Edward?" Alice sung cheerily as she skipped past me, her port-a-robe held high and effortlessly above her head. I laughed at her statement; Jacob's enthusiasm was making my family's day.

"Holy crap!" Jake whispered in awe as he entered the first bedroom on the second floor, completely ignoring me as he ran past. "Nessie? Nessie!" he called out down the stairs. "Have you seen the size of our bedroom? This one is ours, right?" my son-in-law checked with me, as he turned around to capture my gaze.

I smiled at him, trying not to laugh at his wide eyes.

"Yes, that one's yours," I replied. He stood in my presence just long enough to be considered polite before racing back into said bedroom.

"I thought we were going to walk through the house together, Jake," Ness reminded him from the kitchen downstairs where she had just placed two boxes neatly on the breakfast counter. "After all, I also like the idea of running into each room just to see how big it is," she laughed. Instantly, Jacob appeared in the stairwell and within seconds was by Nessie's side, clearly feeling guilty for exploring the mansion without her.

"Sorry Nessie," he said seriously. Despite being on the second storey, the house was designed in a way that allowed me to see straight into the kitchen and dining area from where I was standing. I smirked when I saw Jacob bend down to whisper into my daughter's ear.

"But seriously, we could chuck all of our boxes and our massive bed into the middle of our bedroom and still have enough space to walk around it. This place is gigantic."

"I'm so glad you love it," Ness smiled gently and pecked him on the cheek.

"Love it?" Jacob replied, pulling away from her and speaking at his usual volume. "This place is epic! Once your Uncles have set up the billiards room and all of our belongings are in place, this house will be beyond perfect. If I had known moving to Scotland would be this much fun..." Apparently Jacob didn't know what else to say; he was simply grinning from ear to ear like he were a boy who had received his Christmas gifts in advance.
"I'm so happy, Jake," Ness replied, reaching up to give her husband a hug, which he returned before picking her up off the ground and swinging her around the kitchen. My daughter squealed, her beautiful bronze-coloured hair soaring through the air.