Chapter 21- Jealousy

"So...how do you like that Alex kid?" Phil oddly asks me as we walk into the daycare center to pick up Jaxon.

I look up at Phil with uncertainty, "I like him. He's really cool, and likes all of the things that we do." I tell him.

Phil nods, and sweetly smiles at the 18 year old girl behind the counter, "I'm here to pick up Jaxon." He says.

The girl looks Phil up and down with a knowing smirk, and a slight gleam in her eye. Phil flirtatiously smiles back, and winks at her, my protective side coming out. I look at Phil with a 'Are you shitting me right now?? I will kill you.' kind of look, and I give the girl a death stare. She instantly stops flirting with my Phil before going into the back.

I stay staring at the door, burrowing into it with my eyes. My gaze being strong, and filled with anger. Why the hell was Phil even acting like that? Wow I must not be as special to Phil as he is to me. Well done Dan, getting too close to someone as usual.

Phil looks down at me with pleading eyes, "Dan, I-"

I put my hand up, so he stops talking, "Save it, Lester. I'm going into the car. Get your son by yourself. It may give you some time to flirt some more." I hiss, and quickly walk out of the daycare center with furry still clear in my actions and tone.

Minutes pass, and I finally begin to calm down. Was I over reacting? Maybe I was. It's not my fault. I'm protective of Phil. If he thinks that he can flirt with any attractive girl he can find while we're a thing, I'm going to have a problem.

Finally, Phil opens up the back seat door on my side, placing a sleepy Jaxon into his car seat. He looks over at me with hopeful eyes, but I quickly look away. I'm not going to forgive him that easily. Phil sadly looks down for a second before closing the car door, getting in on the driver side.

"Dan, you know I didn't-"

"I don't care what you have to say. Take me home." I demand, my definition of home being a bit confusing. I spend more time at Phil's house than mine now. So what is my home?

Phil doesn't speak, but starts the car. He begins to quickly drive, making me alarmed. Sure, the roads are empty so we won't get hurt, by why is Phil even considering driving like this? Is he mad? Am I making him mad?

Dan, you don't need to say sorry. You're not the one who messed up.

~

Phil pulls into his driveway, and I give him an agitated look, "I said take me home." I sternly tell him.

"...This is your home." Phil softly says, making my face soften, "At least it can be your home." He chews his lip.

I let out a long sigh while staring into the depths of Phil Lester's blue eyes, "...This'll be my home." I whisper.

Phil's eyes brighten, and he softly kisses my before opening up his door. He walks over to Jaxon's side, opening it up. Phil unbuckles Jaxon from his car seat, and picks him up. Jaxon rustles around in Phil's arms, making me giggle as I get out of the car.

Phil, and I walk side by side as we enter our house, "I'll take Jaxon to bed for his nap." I whisper, not wanting to wake him up. Phil smiles at me, and carefully places Jaxon into my arms, "We also have some things to discuss." I grimly tell him while chewing my lip before walking into Jaxon's bedroom.

"Are you and daddy fighting?" Jaxon sadly whispers in a sleepy tone.

My eyes widen, but I end up sighing, "I don't know, Winnie. I wouldn't call it fighting...not yet at least." I tell him.