Chapter 10- An Afternoon to Remember

Jaxon peacefully sits on the sofa, watching Peter Pan. He's the biggest Disney kid and I love it. On the floor, Phil and I sit together. I sit in Phil's crossed legs and fumble with his fingers as the recent occurrences play over and over again in my mind.

I'm filled with joy at the fact that Phil accepts me. My past and flaws, everything. I know his past...he knows mine. It makes me even happier when he whispers that he's proud of me every now and then.

I'm surprised that he still hasn't asked the question that everyone asks. 'How long has it been since you've done wrong?' I'm waiting for the moment and I'm honestly happy to answer.

As if on cue, Phil pops the question, "How long has it been since you've...you know?"

I let out a happy sigh as a light smile forms onto my face. I lean back into Phil and answer, "1 year. 11 months."

I can tell that Phil has a face of pride as he places his chin on my shoulder, "I'm proud of you." He whispers.

I look down at Phil with pure love and affection, "I know you are..."

Phil removes his chin from my shoulder and looks at me, his smile slowly fading. I quickly turn to face Phil and move myself closer to him, scared that I'll chicken out if I don't try to do something now.

Something flickers in Phil's eyes as he realizes what I'm about to do, his hand cupping the back of my neck. My lips slowly descend towards his. Phil's warm breath is soon felt on my slightly chapped lips.

Both of my hands move delicately up to Phil's cheeks. My heart rate quickens, beating out of my chest and I know that Phil can feel it against his own. My lips lightly brush against his and-

"Daddy?" I let out a sad sigh and place one of my hands on Phil's chest, looking down.

Phil stares at me with a odd look for a second longer before changing his stare towards Jaxon, "Yes?"

"I'm hungry." He innocently says, unknown of the pain he has caused me at this second.

My other hand falls from Phil's cheek, letting out another sad sigh. So much for being outgoing for once. Phil removes his hand from the back of my neck as I crawl off of his lap.

He stands up and looks down at me with a face that I cannot read. I instantly think that it's a look of disbelief and hatred, making me look down in shame. My fingers find their way to my slightly curly fringe, slowly running through the dark brown hair.

"Are you coming?" Jaxon asks me, Phil already out of the room.

My eyes look up at Jaxon. My heart breaks just a little more before I drag myself off of the ground. Jaxon takes my hand and I sadly smile at him.

"Are you and daddy in love?" He asks with curiosity. I'm even surprised that he knows the word. It must be all the Disney he has been watching.

"I don't know. Why do you ask?"

"Because you look at daddy the way Flynn looked at Rapunzel in Tangled." He explains with a slight skip to his step.

I giggle and look at Phil, then back at Jaxon, "Not quite yet. Maybe one day." This applies more towards Phil not loving me than me not living him.

Because I do love Phil.

A lot.

"What're you two talking about?" He questions with crossed arms.

My throat becomes dry at that moment. Not just because of the question Phil has asked that I have to answer but, the way Phil's standing is when he's uncomfortable. Yes, his arms are usually crossed but this is different...he's not leaning against anything. He's just standing there. I made him feel this way. I made him uncomfortable. I thought that, when someone leans into the kiss as well, they like you back.