Chapter 15- Just Isn't Enough

I hear soft giggles and shuffling from next to my still sleepy form. My eyes slightly open but my eyelids still feel heavy. It's like they hurt to be open. My hands lift up to my eyes and I try to wipe off the sleepiness, failing miserably.

The giggling and shuffling stop as soon as I'm sitting up right all the way, my eyes still closed. I turn to my left, opening my eyes completely since I know that a window is placed on that wall. But of course, I'm met with a head over heels Phil cuddling with a head over heels Jamie. What the actual fuck is their problem?

I'm making it official. I'm utterly pissed and enraged on how Jamie and Phil are a thing. It makes me sick and disgusted. I glare over at them. They don't even realize that I'm awake. What even was their plan and why the hell did Phil feel the need to bring Jamie? Well...she is kind of my sister and she must be worried. An unexpectedly loud sigh escapes my lips and I curse myself for bringing attention towards myself.

Phil carefully removes his arm from Jamie's waist, his attention now fully towards me. He's silent and stares at me with such an intense stare...but I don't cower down like usual. In fact, I sit up straighter, showing Phil that his intense stares don't scare me like they used to.

So, I stare back at Phil with just as much intensity as he does to me, maybe even more, "Hi Danny!" A happy voice chirps and I look down at the ground next to Phil, seeing Jaxon sitting with his legs crossed. He grasps tightly onto his Pooh plushie, making me smile and instantly lose the macho act.

"Hey Winnie." I put my arms out and he gets up, rushing into my them and hugging me as tight as he can which is quite hard for his age if I do say so myself, "Wanna come up?" I ask and he nods, struggling to climb up onto the bed from his height so I end up helping Jaxon by picking him up.

A sore pain surges through my arms and my face contorts, "You okay...?" Phil finally speaks up from next to me. Jamie nods along with him.

"Yeah, uh...just a bit sore still." I whisper but my spirits are soon lightened when I hear a familiar knock at the door.

Jasmine comes in with a bright smile, although I know it's forced. She's not too keen on being so happy and bubbly but it's part of her job. I can relate if I'm honest.

"Hi Dan. You have a visitor." She explains with giddiness.

I tilt my head to the side and soon a scrambling Mathew rushes into the room but falls from tripping over his own feet, "Ow." He mumbles.

I giggle, "Are you okay? You didn't hurt your arm did you?" I question with concern. I don't want him getting hurt for Christ's sake.

He puts a thumb up, still not moving from the floor, "Well aren't you going to get up?" I ask with slight annoyance, but Mathew knows I'm joking.

"Nah the floor's kind of comfortable to be honest." I chuckle but can easily see Phil's glare in the corner of my eye, making me lightly smirk. I need to stop. What am I turning into? Someone I don't want to be that's for sure.

"I would help you slash join you but I'm too weak...okay maybe it's because I'm really lazy but still." This causes Mathew to let out a loud laugh, making my smile widen.

His head pops up and I'm met with his bright green eyes, "Ciao!" He brightly says.

I groan and burry my head into the duvet, "Mathew stop speaking bloody Italian it's hurting my brain."

"Oh, come on, you love how I speak Italian." He winks, making my face turn Crimson but soon remember that Phil's still in the room. Now isn't the best time to flirt.

"Oh, uh, Mathew this is my friend Phil and my sister Jamie." I awkwardly explain and scratch the back of my neck.

Mathew looks over at them and nods, finally standing up, "I'm Mathew." He puts his hand out and Jamie gladly shakes it but while Phil does shake it, I know he's squeezing Mathew's hand.