Chapter 9- My Secret

(Once again, this '*' means POV change)

I hope you realize how fond I am of you.
I truly do.
My fondness for you has grown immensely.
Call it love, if you may.
I'm in love with you and I trust you.
I'm just too scared to say it.
I've been abandoned and unwanted too many times.
You don't seem to love me back.
But that's okay.
I'm simply happier when you're around.
Romance or friendship.
I'll find a way to move on one day.
Hopefully.

~

"Are we going on a adventure?" Jaxon excitedly asks as I strap him into his car seat in the back.

I smile fondly at him and ruffle his hair, "Yes we are Winnie."

"Who's Winnie?" Phil asks and stands closely behind me with a questioning look.

I look back at him and chuckle, "It's Jaxon. Jaxon's Winnie." I smile.

Phil fake pouts, "How come I don't have a nickname?"

"I'll think of one." I wink.

Phil seems to hide his face behind his fringe, "Okay, Bear." He says and walks into the seat next to Jaxon. I guess I'm driving.

"Wait, what?" I ask and get into the driver's seat.

"What is it Bear?" I look at him through the rear view mirror and start the car.

"What, is that my nickname?"

"I like Danny more." Jaxon butts in.

"Me too." I agree.

"Oh well, I'm calling you Bear."

"Fine." I pout and begin to drive.

I notice a sparkle in Phil's eyes as I pull out of the neighborhood.

~

"Jaxon, wake up." I coo as I lightly shakes his shoulder.

I notice Phil looking over at Jaxon with sleepy eyes. He's falling asleep as well. Great.

Phil's eyes close completely and his head bobs to the left and falls onto his shoulder. Jaxon finally wakes up and I unbuckle his seatbelt, picking him up and out of the car.

Now it's time to tackle waking up Phil who is definitely asleep now. I look over at him with a longing look. He looks so peaceful. Every worry he has is gone, leaving an angelic face with no lines of thought or stress.

I glance over at the front door of my house. I'll have Jaxon meet Jamie as I get Phil out of the car. Looking back at Phil one more time, I take Jaxon's small hand into mine and walk into my house.

"Jamie?" I call out.

"Who's Jamie?" Jaxon sleepily asks.

"She's my sister." I smile at him as he rubs his eyes and yawns.

Jaxon nods.

"Yes, Danny-boy?" She calls from her room.

Wait. Jamie can't meet Jaxon. Phil probably doesn't want her to know about him. Phil doesn't even know about Jamie. I didn't think this through at all.

"Phil's staying the night." I say with a scared tone.

"That's fine. I'll stay in my room then."

I let out the biggest sigh of relief, "Okay, thank you."

No response comes. I quickly set Jaxon down on the couch and put on Winnie The Pooh.

"Stay here while I get Phil, okay?" I say.