Chapter 13- Blood Runs Stale

"Remember how you said you loved me?" Phil looks down at me and bites down on his lip with a hint of a smile.

I look up at him, "I do..."

"Can I tell you something else?" He quietly asks.

"Hm?" I question as he runs his thumb over my lightly chapped lips.

"I love you too."

My smile widens and I place my lips onto his.

***

I sit on the front bench and in the front row of many, looking up at you with a smile of fondness and affection.

You share the same look as me, although it's not directed towards me, it's sent to whomever is walking down that isle with a bouquet in hand. It'll never be me, I need to remember that.

The girl makes her way to you and you mumble something to her, probably a 'you look beautiful' to boost her self esteem in a situation as life stapling as this.

She simply smiles back through her veil that you still haven't lifted. Why haven't you lifted it?

I spoke too soon. The veil is slowly and delicately lifted by you, showing a beautiful brunette with green eyes and the name Jamie Howell. Soon to be Jamie Lester.

I prefer Dan Lester or Phil Howell but that's unable to happen. I'll keep my mouth shut...for your happiness. I'll easily sacrifice mine any day to see you smile in the end.

Every word is a bunch of babble until we finally get to the important part, the part that'll make your marriage happen. Make it official. Like putting the stamp on a letter.

You both lean in and I quickly avert my eyes, not wanting to get worked up today. I'm still surprised that you wanted me to come, let alone have me be your best man. You know how I stupidly fancy you yet you insist on crushing me daily.

Why? Is it a game?

"I now pronounce you Phil Lester and Jamie Lester."

My stomach churns and my vision blurs, soon going black.

***

He begins to cry into my stomach, making, making my heart crack.

I don't like hearing or seeing Phil cry. Ever.

My eyelids spring open and I loudly gasp, regaining proper breathing. My whole body aches as I fully awaken and my head pounds with my heartbeat.

Phil quickly looks up and his eyes soften as he stands up but he just intently stares at me, "Dan...?" He cautiously whispers.

"P-Phil." I breathe out, my breath still becoming even.

Phil lets out a happy sigh and lightly hugs me, "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm...fine."

Phil squeezes my still fragile frame tighter in his arms and I return the gesture, tightly squeezing my eyes shut as I begin to let out shaky breaths into his neck. This makes Phil shudder and a slight smirk forms onto my face but I hide it into the crook of his neck.

"I'm glad you're okay." He says and slowly pulls back from the tight embrace.

I smile and stare at him, "Me too..."

"I know that you just woke up b-but I was wondering if, um, if you could tell me if I was the one wh-who triggered you?"

My eyes soften as my smile slowly falls, "Phil you..." I sigh, "All I can say is that it wasn't necessarily you that triggered it."