The Nerdy Girl and the Emo Boy

>NOT A FAN-FIC<

*Alexandra's POV*

Have you ever seen those people at your school who don't talk much? How about the people in your class who don't talk to you or anyone else, but your pretty sure are smart? Well if you have then you know exactly who I am.

I only have one friend here at Cornell Academy, and her name is Emmy. My best friend is an average 5'7 girl with long blonde hair that she curls every morning and green eyes. All in all she's really pretty. It's still a mystery to me on how she's friends with me and not the popular kids at school...

I'm guessing you want me to describe myself now right? Ok well unlike Emmy, I'm very short. If I'm not mistaken I grew an inch last month, so now in a whopping 4'6. I know I know I'm short, but to be fair all the girls on my mom's side of the family are short. I was hoping to be the exception, but I wasn't. People always think I'm way younger than I really am. Like at the mall last time the ladies at Victoria Secret were scolding me for buying bras at 'Such a young age' and that 'I should wait until I was older to buy bras'. It wasn't until I told her that I was 17 years old and showed her my I.D. That she finally left me alone. Emmy was just laughing at me the whole time. My hair is semi-wavy and reaches my waist and is a chocolate brown, just like my eyes. Boring if you ask me.

I'm a little different from your average nerd per say. I don't like school; it's more like a chore. Talking isn't my thing. I like to talk to people I know, because I don't want a conversation to be forced. If someone wants to talk to me then they should talk to me. I definitely won't go up to them on my own.

My style is casual yet comfy, not slutty like most girls at Cornell. Baggy clothing isn't really my thing, I feel like it hides my very nonexistent figure.

Now for the biggest shocker.... I like books. Well more like love books, Emmy thinks it's more of an obsession but I beg to differ.

"Alex I've been calling you for 5 whole minutes!"

I snap out of my little trance and find Emmy in front of my desk and see that everyone else has all ready gone to lunch, "Sorry I spaced out for a bit."

Emmy laughs at me. She's used to me spacing off in the most randomest times "Come on girly lets go to lunch. I'm hungry."

We make our way to our huge lunch room which is more like a 5 star restaurant than it is a high school cafeteria. Why you ask? Well since Cornell Academy is a prestigious private high school and they have money rolling in from all over the place, the school is filled with state of the art things, aka expensive shit that isn't nessacery.

Good thing about this private school is that we only have to wear our uniforms every Monday and Friday, but the other three days we can wear anything we want. Today I was wearing some pink floral print shorts with a black tank top and some matching black TOMS. You see, comfy and casual.

"Do you want to eat outside since its nice and not to hot?" asks Emmy as the glass doors slide open to revile the 'lunch room'

It was true, today was a nice day and not too hot. Something that doesn't happen to often here in San Diego.

I nod my head

We walked to the outside portion of the lunch room which was a big patio that overlooked the schools golf course and garden, and sat down while a waiter(yes I said waiter) set down our menus.

"What can I get you two young ladies to drink today?" asked the waiter

"Raspberry Iced Tea please." Emmy and I respond at the same time, we start laughing at each other. We did this everyday and it never got old. Raspberry iced tea just so happened to be our Favorite drink.

The waiter laughs at us too, "Coming right up" he says and leaves

We start looking at our menus "What are you going to get Alex? I think I might get the pesto today."

"When don't you get the pesto?"I ask Emmy mockingly

"I got something different yesterday!" Emmy says defensibly

"Yeah one day you decide to get something different. I don't think that counts."

"Whatever, I don't care I'm getting the Pesto. What are you getting?"

"Hmm chicken parm? Yeah I'll get the chicken parm. I actually like variety in my diet. Unlike other people I know!"

"Har har what a comedian you are."

I sigh, "I try" *que hair flip*

The waiter came back with our drinks and set them down for us, "What will you like to order?"

After we gave the waiter our order Emmy and I are keep talking about random things, when we see Kellin and Tony sit in the table next to us.

Kellin is known as our schools 'Emo Boy' because of the way he dresses and acts. People also think him and his friend are dangerous. He doesn't really talk to anyone else but his best friend. He also has dark brown hair that covers his eyes so no one really knows what color they are. He has really pale skin and a lip ring. I've never talked to him, well I haven't really talked to most people at this school so that's not saying much.He is also very tall. Not 5'9 tall but like 6'2 tall.

His best friend Tony doesn't have the emo look but still looks sort of dangerous, although he does smile a lot. This makes his brown eyes sparkle. He's more approachable I guess you can say. Both Kellin and Tony have muscles but not some of those crazy muscles, there just toned and well built I guess?

"Alex eat your food before it gets cold." Emmy scolds me

I look back and see that my food has already arrived and is right in front of me. How long has it been there?

"Come on eat your food we only have an hour and a half left."

I huff, "Trust me that's more than enough time for me. All I need is 40 minutes and I'm good."

Our lunch period was two hours long, and I thought that was a whole shit load of time for lunch. We're also allowed to go off campus but we usually stay at school and eat here, because like I said its like a 5 star restaurant. We didn't even have to pay for our food.

The rest of lunch passed by pretty uneventful, other than the feeling that I kept getting stared at, but every time I would look around I never saw anyone staring at me.

"Ugh" Emmy face palms herself and grabs my hand, " I forgot my Calculus homework in my locker come with me to go get it."

"Aww Em you know I get lazy after eating!" I say while trying to get her hand off mine. It was true every time I would eat I would get really tierd and I never liked doing anything especially walk.

"Oh stop whining were here." Emmy says releasing my hand so she could put her finger print in the little screen. Our locker were more technologically safe than normal combo lockers. Private schools and all there unessacery shit.

I hear a ding coming from my phone so I take it out of my bag and see that I had a text from my cousin Levi.

Hey cuz! How's it going? I bet great since you're almost 18.Although you wont look like it X) anyways I'm having so much fun here in London! Ok ok so now the reason I texted you.*que dramatic music* I GOT YOU 4 WARP TICKETS!!! Yes yes I know you love me and you're forever grateful, and no I wont take them back there yours now. They are currently on your bed at home but I just got the call from your mom saying they were safe and sound so it's all good. Happy early birthday and I hope this was the best gift you have ever gotten, because I had to work my ass off to get those tickets! Did you know they were sold out?! Any-who call me later love ya!

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, I started to hypraventalate then started to clap like an idiot.

"What is up with you?" asks Emmy with an amused expression

I hand her my phone while I started to jump around in the hallway screaming 'I love Levi', soon Emmy joined me.

People were staring at us like freaks but we didn't care about them. We were too happy.

Emmy stops jumping," Ohmygosh!! I'm going to meet Christopher Drew!!"

I nod my head vigorously as I jump around and huge random people who are passing by

---

We had calmed down 20 minutes later which caused us to be late to class but the teacher didn't say anything to us. I bet we annoyed her though because Emmy and I couldn't stop bouncing in our seats. As soon as the bell rang we bolted right out of their and walked towards our cars happily chatting about how much fun we were going to have next weekend

"We need to go shopping to buy some new band t's!" exclaimed Emmy as we rounded the corner

"Yea- oooff" I had crashed into someone rather hard and when I looked up my eyes went wide when I saw that I had crashed into Kellin

"Whoa there little girl you hit pretty hard!" said kellin while rubbing his lower stomach

I rub my head, "I'm sorry about that I was distr- Hey! I'm not a little girl I'm a proud 4 feet and 6 inches for your information!"

Kellin holds up his hands in defense, "No need to get defensive Pikachu."

Pikachu? "I'm sorry we can't all be Red Woods!"

"Red woods?"

"Yes, you know those really super tall trees? That's what you are pipsqueak."

Kellin laughs and pushes his hair out of his eyes with his hands before stuffing them in his jean pockets." Pipsqueak? Is that the best you can come up with Pikachu?"

His eyes.

There the bluest blue I have ever seen! Is that even possible? How are they so blue!?

There so beautiful!

"Cat got your tongue Pikachu?"

I snap out of the trance that his blue eyes kept me in, "My name is Alexandra not Pikachu but you can call me Alex." I gesture towards Emmy, "This is my best friend Emmy."

"Well since we're doing introductions, I'm Kellin, not pipsqueak, and this here," he motions towards Tony who was smiling at us, or more like Emmy, "Is Tony, my best friend."

***************************

Let me know what you guys think of my story!

Vote

Comment

Fan