Twenty- Seven (Epilogue part three)

Eva walked in her kitchen to see Vanessa already up and eating cereal. "Morning."

Vanessa swallowed the cereal. "Morning. How did you sleep?"

Eva glared at her best friend. "You really want to ask that?"

"Oh, sorry about that. I didn't know the walls was that thin." Vanessa put her dirty bowl in the sink. "Next time Calvin and I will go to his apartment."

"You know Rashad would hate that."

Vanessa shrugged. "He would have to suck it up." She walked out the kitchen and into her room. "I call shower first." Vanessa yelled.

"Don't use all the hot water."

"I'll try not to."

Eva rolled her eyes and took out her phone to call Rashad.

"Hey baby." Rashad greeted in a raspy voice.

"Hey, did I wake you?"

"Nah. I just woke up. What's up?"

Eva walked to the open fridge and took out the gallon of milk, before closing the fridge door with her hip. "I was just wondering if you want to go to the movies with me tonight. Maybe we can celebrate in getting our new jobs. You being drafted into the Jets and me releasing my shoe brand and becoming CEO of the biggest shoe company in the east coast."

On the inside she was really excited. But she didn't show it because it was too early for screaming in excitement.

"Okay."

"We can go to this amazing restaurant of 13th street, we meet there at eight and afterwards we can come back to my place and do some more celebrating."

Rashad chuckled. "Aight. I gotta go, I'll see you tonight."

"Okay, bye." Eva hanged up the phone and set it on the counter. Vanessa soon walked into the kitchen with a purple towel wrapped around her body.

"Do we have any pads?"

"It's where we always put them." Eva poured the cool milk into a glass cup.

"It's not in the treasure chest. I checked."

Eva sighed. "Well did you check the Wonder Woman lunch box under the sink."

Vanessa nod. "It's all gone."

"Well buy some more. For the meantime stuff some tissue up your taco."

Vanessa rolled her eyes and walked back into her room. Eva put her empty glass in the sink, before going to her room to get ready for work.

**********

Eva walked into her new office with a huge smile on her face. "I can't believe this is happening." She squeaked with excitement.

"You're the new CEO."

Eva turned around to see a young, light skin woman, with long curly black hair, gray eyes and a curvy body that can stop a moving train. She was beauty. Her figure instantly made Eva insecure with her stick figure body.

"Hi. Yes, I'm Eva Rose." She extended her hand to the woman, but instead of shaking Eva's hand; the woman brushed past Eva and walked around the large office.

"Louis. What did you do to become CEO? Especially at your age."

Eva watched her as Louis looked at the photo of Eva and Rashad in front of the New Years ball. "Hard work."

Louis laughed. "Hard work? No one gets in here for hard work. What did you actually do?"

Eva crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Hard work, setting goals and potential. How did you get a job here?"