Nineteen

Eva laid on her bed as she wiped her tears. The affect of knowing her sister has been gone for a month hit her like a ton of bricks. Her mother became silent and started to become crazy; slowly. Eva's baby brother has been M.I.A and Andrew... Well he has been pushing everything down to focus on basketball. But mostly every night he cries or smoke weed.

Eva turned on her back, so her her that was currently let down sprawl out on her pillow. She wiped her tears some more before sitting up.

Eva soon heard rattling downstairs; immediately realizing the sound came from the kitchen. "Mom!" She yelled. Hoping it's her mother trying to make a midnight snack.

But she didn't hear her mother's soothing voice or her cough she would do to indicate Eva she's there. Eva quickly grabbed her taser that she brought two weeks ago, just incase anything went down while she's alone.

Eva slowly walked out of her room to see that the downstairs lights was on. She sneaked down the steps; managing not to make the stairs creak. She kept her thumb on the button that would turn on the taser.

Eva turned the corner that leads to the kitchen, to see a tall person with a black hoodie on ravaging through the fridge.

The first thought that went to Eva's head was to either tase the stranger or call the police.

"Please, do not tase me." Jason turned to her sister before pulling the hoodie off her head. "You should really stop speaking out your plans."

Eva put down the taser on the marble counter before giving her younger brother a hug. Her brother she has not seen in two months.

Jason hugged his sister back.

"I missed you." Eva said before sniffing back her tears.

"I missed you too." Jason put his chin on her head.

"You've gotten taller." Eva said as she pulled away to look up at her little brother's face. "And you grew chin hair."

Jason scratched his chin, where his black stubby hair stayed. "Yeah. You've grown up too, you got a little chin hair I see." He joked.

Eva scoffed and playfully hit his chest.

"Where's mom?"

Eva smile soon turned into a frown. "I don't know. She has not been around lately. Ever sin-"

"I know. I received your message. I hope Destiny is safe."

"Me too. It seem like, after dad died everything went down hill for the Rose Family."

Jason sighed and leaned on the counter beside him. "Yeah. But it seems like perfect Andrew is fine. He has been showing off his college life all over Twitter. Smiling and shit. Having a blast at clubs and games."

Eva shook her head. "Jason, don't start this. Andrew is- he's just really lucky."

"Is he?" Jason shook his head as he chuckled. "Have you noticed Eva? Andrew doesn't give a shit about us. He disowned this family once he was accepted in Florida state. Andrew think he's better than us-"

"No he doesn't. When I told him about Destiny, he was very worried."

He scoffed. "Is that before he didn't believe you, or after?"

Eva looked down in silence; knowing her younger brother's question is going to have an accurate answer.

"I thought so."

"It's late. We should go to bed."

"I'm going to disappear for a while." Jason blurted out.

Eva stopped from turning the corner. She turned to him with her eyes wide. "What!? W-why?"