Eight

Jason immediately put on his clothes and grabbed his phone and wallet.

"What's wrong baby?" Kayla asked as she sat up on the head board.

"My father is in the hospital, I'll call you when I get there."

Kayla nod. "Okay. Be careful getting there, it's supposed to be a huge storm coming through."

Jason smiled at her and kissed her cheek. "I'm always careful. Bye."

"Bye."

Jason walked out the room, then the apartment and to his car. Once he started the engine he immediately drove off to the Georgetown hospital.

It would usually take 30-40 minutes to get to the hospital, but since Jason was speeding and dodging traffic to get to his father side, it took him 15 minutes.

Jason immediately parked his car in the space, in between to Destiny's and Rashad car. He hoped out the car and jogged inside the bright, cold and empty hospital room.

"A patient named Mathew Rose just arrived about 40 minutes ago."

The lady typed in Mathew's name and looked up at the young Jason. "He's in urgent care, I would advice you to go in the waiting room until the doctor come."

Jason nod and walked in the large waiting room where he spotted his mother and sister hugging up on each other.
"What happened?" He said as Jason walked up to them.

Nia shrugged and sniffed. "He just fell out of nowhere."

Jason huffed and sat down by Eva. "I can't believe this is happening."

"I thought you wouldn't come." Eva said.

"That's my father Eva, even though I left the house it doesn't mean I left my families life." He looked down at his hands.

Eva sighed and grabbed on Jason hand in a comforting way. "It's going to be okay. You know how dad is, he's so stubborn even sickness can't bring him down." she chuckled.

Jason gave her a slight smile. "I guess."

The doctor walked in with his clipboard with information about Mathew. "He looked around the waiting room and spotted the concern family before calling out. "Mrs. Rose."

Nia got up and so did her children before walking half way to the doctor. "Is he okay?" Nia asked.

The doctor shook his head and looked at the young adults around him before back at Nia. "It's back Mrs. Rose."

Jason raised an eyebrow. "What's back?"

Nia nod and wiped some more tears away. "When can we see him?"

"Tomorrow, right now he's resting."

"Okay, thank you." Nia turned to her kids. "I'll explain everything when Andrew come, right now let's just go to the house and sleep."

Jason sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "I gotta go back to the apartment."

Nia shook her head. "Just come back Jason." Nia caressed his cheek, hoping it'll motivate him.

"I'll come to the house in the morning, when Andrew comes."

Nia nod. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow." She kissed his cheek before walking out the waiting room with Destiny and Eva behind her.

********************

Jason parked the car in front of his old home before turning off the engine and getting out. He walked up the brick walk way and to the front door that opens revealing his older brother.