Seventeen (Nia's chapter)

Nia walked downstairs to the door. "I'm coming!" She yelled as she tied her wool robe. Nia opened the door to see to officers. "Hello, how may I help you?"

"Hello Ms. Rose. I'm officer Daiz and my partner Zander. Someone filed a missing report for your daughter Destiny Rose."

"Missing report? Destiny isn't missing."

"Ma'am can we come in?" Officer Zander asked.

Nia hesitated before moving aside. As the two officers walked in Nia closed and lock the door.

"Ms. Rose, when did you last talk to your daughter?"

Nia sighed. "Maybe three days ago."

"Did you ever called her?"

Nia shook her head. "My other daughter, Eva told me her boyfriend was here. I thought she would be busy with him."

"Well Ms. Rose, he is the one that filed the report."

Nia raised an eyebrow. "When did he file the report?"

"Um, two days ago." Officer Zander said.

"That motherfucker."

"Is there something wrong ma'am?"

"Jerome knew my daughter was missing, he didn't tell me. While I'm here thinking that she's busy with him and cooking dinner thinking that they will stop by, Destiny is suffering or dead." Nia put a hand on her hip and forehead as she sobbed.

Eva walked downstairs with a confused look. "Mom, are you okay?"

Nia nod. "Go back upstairs Eva."

Eva looked at the officers and her mother before slowly going up stairs to her room. Nia sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"Ma'am do you think your daughter would run away?" Officer Diaz asked.

Nia scoffed. "No. Destiny always fight her battles. Do you think she would run away from Jerome?"

"We do not know ma'am. All we know is that she may of been kidnapped."

"Kidnapped?!" Nia practically yelled. "Oh my gosh. Who's the suspects?"

"We can not-"

"Bullshit! Just tell me."

Officer Diaz sighed before saying. "Frank White, Susan Oliver and..."

"And?" She put both hands on her hips.

"One of the family members."

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Yes we are difunctional, but we are love each other. We will not kill another family member."

Officer Zander sighed. "We have to check the house."

"Fine. Go ahead check the house. You won't find anything. But I should warn you I have a safe with a license gun. I don't want to be arrested for something that you claim I don't have."

"Okay. Go upstairs and I'll stay down here. Do you have a basement?" Officer Diaz asked.

Nia shook her head. "Just a garage that we use for storage."

Officer Diaz nod before walking away.

It only took thirty minutes for them to search the house for clues that's obviously not there.

"Okay, we are done." Officer Zander said as he walk down the stairs to Eva and her mother. "If anyone contact you about Destiny, call the station and ask for officer Zander or Diaz."