XXXXXXXX

Something woke her. Elsa snuggled deeper into her cozy blankets. She sighed and her eyes fluttered close. There it was again. Something soft hitting her window. She opened her eyes and groaned as she sat up. She blinked the sleep from her bleary eyes until the fuzzy red lights on her alarm clock turned into numbers. Midnight? Elsa frowned. Something hit her window again. Elsa let out a huff and dragged herself out of bed, stumbling towards the window. A figure stood in the lawn. Elsa spotted his shock of white hair, glowing silver in the moonlight, and flashing blue eyes. Her knees began to buckle. She slid the window open and was met by the warm night air.

"Jack, what are you doing?!" she whisper-yelled. "It's midnight!"

"Yeah, I know. I wanted to see you," he loudly whispered back.

Elsa smiled playfully. "Well, now you've seen me." She began to shut the window.

"Elsa, WAIT!" His voice sounded hoarse when he whispered so loudly.

She stopped.

"I-I... would you come with me?"

"Go with you? Where?"

"Trust me."

Elsa sighed. "Jack, this isn't the time. It's midnight!"

Jack sighed, his shoulders slumping. "Yeah, I know but..." He sighed again.

Aww, he looks so sad when he's dejected. She had to make him see reason. "Jack, I'm in my pajamas!"

Jack looked up again, smiling. "You look beautiful in your pajamas."

Elsa could hear the sincerity in his words. She blushed. "I can't go out in my pajamas!"

"Well, slip on a jacket or something."

She hesitated for a split-second. "Fine. Just a second."

Elsa slipped on jeans over her shorts and a hoodie over her tank-top. Elsa put on some flats. She hoped they weren't going hiking somewhere. She nimbly slipped out the window and began to climb down the trellis.

"Elsa, you can let go now. I'll catch you. It'll be faster this way."

Elsa nodded, but hesitated. Finally, her fingers loosened and she let go. She rushed through the air, too stunned to scream, before finally landing in Jack's arms. He cradled her gently to his chest.

"Hello there." He gave her a playful smile.

Elsa blushed. He held her for a few minutes before setting her down. The moon was full, a big, beautiful, white globe of pristine light, hung amongst the stars. The grass was bathed in silver, the cool blades tickling the top of her feet. Jack grasped her hand. Her hand looked tiny and feminine in his palm. Jack tugged her to his convertible, opening the door for her. Elsa snapped the buckle into place.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

He started his car. It rumbled quietly as he took off. The night air felt cool on her cheeks as he sped the convertible up. She leaned out the window, watching the passing buildings, trying to figure out where he was taking her. Elsa realized she trusted him. Completely. That unnerved her a bit, but her heart told her she wasn't wrong. Jack pulled into the library parking lot. Elsa considered telling him the library was closed, but decided against it. Jack pulled up next to the side walk. He was about to get out, but paused.

"Elsa, don't get out until I open the door for you."

A frown flickered across her face. "Why?"

"I want to open the door for you."