Chapter 18 - Always

It was Monday morning and my usual grumpiness and hatred toward the day was replaced by excitement and eagerness to explore the beaches. I woke up at 8 am, the sea breeze filling my nostrils with a salty scent, the sunlight seemed clearer here, more defined. Like each ray of golden light had a purpose to light up grass, sand, dirt and water, I loved the beach, I always had.

"You awake Bee?" I heard Heath call as he lightly knocked on my door, I grunted a yes, as I was still drowsy with sleep, contrary to my description of the day I was never going to be a morning person.

"Nice hair." Were the first words Heath laughed as he pushed my door open, I glowered at him and lay my head back on the pillow, I felt him lay down next to me so I turned my head to face him.

"Oh god you're a morning person." I groaned, he chuckled and nodded, I heard more footsteps and a second body slumped onto the mattress, Levi, he hated mornings too.

"Why am I up so early Heath?" I looked to a guilt stricken Heath and made the connection that Heath must've woken my brother up, which would have been a task.

"We are all going to the beach together, but we are going to my favorite spot so get ready!" As he said this a final large body appeared in my room and jumped up landing directly on top of Levi, and me, emitting two loud yelps, both sounding surprisingly feminine.

"Kade get off!" Levi yelled, I sniggered as I wiggled my knees under Kade's crotch and brought them up violently.

"SHIT!" Kade screeched as he curled up on the floor after he sprung off the bed in pain.

"Don't jump on me again." I smiled and hopped out of my now too warm sheets passing the boys on my way to the bathroom.

"Out of my room please."

One hour later and a couple of wrestling matches for the last piece of toast, the four of us walked out the door, Heath nursing his red cheek, Levi munching on an apple, Kade rubbing his sore bicep and me, happily devouring my toast.

"Okay so where is your favorite spot?" Levi asked as we walked along the path, Heath poked his head around from the end of our little line and replied, "A waterfront café, its cool and close to the beach." We all nodded but from Kade's expression I think he'd been there before.

We finally hopped off the now burning concrete walkway and entered the sand dunes before the long, flat stretch of the public beach. The sand made it hard to walk so I slipped of my black Havana flip flops, and looped the strap around my fingers leaving them dangling. We walked in silence just listening to the waves hit the sand and the families chatter on their holidays, it wasn't until a loud thumping base floated through the air made me look up. A shack about 100 meters away played loud music with dancing teenagers and screaming kids, the shack was wooden with fake grass on the roof, it was stood up on top of tall stilts to allow for high tide and had big wooden steps, like a pier, leading to the... bar?

"Heath, is that a bar?" I asked, he nodded with a cheeky grin and replied,

"If you flirt with the bartenders they don't card you." He snickered at his own deviant ways and nudged Kade,

"Amber still works here I think, maybe you could get us some freebies like last time aye?" Levi cheered and Heath had a triumphant smirk, but I didn't miss the suggestive eyebrows and obvious implication that Kade did something with Amber to get free drinks.

I snorted ungraciously and walked ahead of the group of pigs, anger bubbling inside me, how dare Heath encourage Kade to whore around just for free drinks doesn't he get that I lik-

I stopped dead in my tracks making Levi run into my small frame, what the hell did I almost think?

"What the hell Blake?" Levi asked after he regained his balance, I scowled at him and skulked off not wanting any of them to see my blush and not wanting to see Kade.