Chapter 4 - Surprise?

"Blake?" Heath looked as surprised as I did, I smiled a little and mum raised her eyebrows at me, "You know each other?," Mr. Stanford asked, I felt my cheeks heat up and we both nodded.

"We met at school." Mr and Mrs Stanford smiled brightly, "What a small world!" Mum laughed. Mr Stanford looked over to my mum and continued with their conversation.

Heath clicked his tongue to get my attention. He strode over to me and said, "You could have told me your mum was working with my dad," he went to continue but I cut him off, "So could you!", he chuckled at my interjection. His hand went onto the small of my back as he shifted us to face away from our parents, I didn't like it there so I squirmed uncomfortably. 

"Sorry," he said innocently, I frowned and he continued, "But now I'm definitely looking forwards to dad's business dinners." I blushed stupidly and started to walk away, pretending to go check on something in the kitchen.

****

Dinner was pleasant enough, it actually surprised me how easy going they Stanford's were, I sat next to Heath across from his parents and mum sat at the head of the table like any cook should. The Stanfords' couldn't get enough of our accents, they kept making us say words and they thought it was the most interesting thing ever, much to my dismay.

"So Blake-" Mrs. Stanford - Jenny - started "How's Fairview High?" she smiled gently at me, I was lost for words as everyone's eyes were on me at the moment, "I- uh... it's good. I sit with Heath in AP English." All the parents smiled warmly at me, and I let them ask me a few more general questions before I pleaded for mum to change the topic.

Dinner wrapped up and the adults adjourned to the lounge room, it was Friday so they were obviously settling in for a bit, I turned to Heath stopping him and said, "Do you want to ditch the adults and go up to my room?" He smirked and I suddenly realised what I'd just said, "OH! No I meant-" Heath cut me off with a light punch on my shoulder. "Hey kid no worries I like my women forward." I glared at him, "I'm not a kid, and gross." He laughed and gestured for me to lead the way.

Entering my room Heath subtly looked around, "Nice." Was all he said before plopping down on my bed, I timidly walked over to him and stood near the bed, he eyed me and groaned. "Don't worry I don't bite." he grabbed my arm and yanked me on the bed, I landed awkwardly and stood back up. I shifted in my spot and felt exposed in my now short shorts. "Um is it okay if I change into some trackies real quick?" he raised his eyebrows before replying, "Trackies?" imitating my accent really badly I scoffed and responded, "Sweatpants." He made an 'O' with his mouth and nodded.

I grabbed a pair and moved behind the wall, I slid my shorts down my legs and pulled the comfortable pants up. Emerging from behind the wall I saw Heath reading something on his phone, he gestured at my console and asked, "You have anything good?" I nodded and we looked through my games in the box next to the tv stand.

After about an hour of playing different games, Heath and his parents had to go, and I was slightly relieved.

The last thought I had before going to bed was the excitement of picking up my brother tomorrow.