Chapter 8 - Female friends

Lunchtime!

The sky was grey and rain had pattered down for 30 minutes, what a great Saturday. I groaned and walked down the stairs, I hadn't heard the boys yelling for about an hour or so, and I assume Heath and Kade had gone home.

Maybe I should make some friends and invite them over to annoy Levi.

Trudging into the kitchen I became aware of the cold temperature as my feet became icy on the tiles, my trackies and jumper could not protect my precious feet. Grabbing the delicious looking left over pizza I turned around and smacked my plate into a very hard surface.

"Ow." I squeaked, looking down to make sure my pizza was still intact under the glad wrap; I craned my neck up to meet the icy blue eyes of the one and only Kade Black.

"Haven't you gone home yet?" I scoffed; slightly embarrassed at my sloppy attire, my hair was in a messy bun with wispy bits falling out. My make-up had been removed last night and any chance of having a figure was swallowed up by the baggy attire I was wearing.

"Actually, Levi asked me to get us some lunch." I rolled my eyes and feigned boredom. He smirked and stepped closer to me, I moved back, he moved forwards, I moved back even further.

Then I hit the counter.

"Uh okay." I spluttered, why was I so nervous?

I'd known him for what, 2 or 3 weeks? And I didn't even really know him, he'd only just started talking to me. He was an asshole to me most of the time and I wanted so much to hate him. But when he paid me attention and stared at me with his pretty blue eyes I felt something other than annoyance.

"Do I make you nervous Blake?" he said in a low voice, confidently I shook my head and made a move to escape his arms that were placed on either side of me. He caught me with his hand and placed me against the marble top, my back bending around the counter, his hands then wrapped around my small waist and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"What are you doing?" I asked, he leaned in and his hot breath cascaded down my neck causing me to shiver, I felt his hand move up to my neck and caress my cheek. I oddly felt comfortable in this situation, annoyingly. I shouldn't like it ... but I did.

"They all fall for me at some point, you fell quicker than I expected." He said, no doubt with a smirk on his lips.

What the -

What a dickhead.
My anger flared up quicker than it ever had before.

"I haven't fallen, that would require me to be on the edge, and trust me buddy I'm no where near that cliff." The venom and hatred was dripping from my lips as I spoke. Now I really could hate him.
I shoved him in the chest and felt traitorous tears prick my eyes, I was utterly embarrassed. He was a dick.

I pushed past him and looked him dead in the eye, "You're just an egocentric boy with more balls than brains." I said calmly, "You'd need to be someone else for me to fall for you."
I picked up my pizza ignoring the way Kade looked at me with distaste in his eyes; I walked slowly and uncaringly up the stairs.

Screw him.

"Blake" Kade called behind me as I stormed up to my room, god I hate him, and god I hate the way I loved what he did to me.