Chapter 7 - Home Visit

At the end of school I power walked to my locker only to find Kade leaning against it with Heath and Levi.

They were chattering away when I neared them so I piped up, "Can you move?" To Kade. He looked down at me with disdain and pushed off the locker.
Heath seemingly didn't feel the tension and eagerly interjected, "We're just talking about Grant's 18th this weekend." I groaned, I didn't particularly love parties, I'd gone to a few and didn't see the hype. Levi rolled his eyes as he knew I'd shut down any idea of going to a party.

"Blake you're going to come with us right?" Heath asked with his best attempt at puppy dog eyes. I will admit he did a damn good job at it.

"Nah I don't think so." I mumbled, he went to continue but I opened my locker instead, "You guys go." I said, Kade huffed looking bored and nudged Heath, "Who cares if she goes anyways?" I glared at Kade and rolled my eyes as I closed my locker and walked to the car.

The week droned on, Heath and I grew closer, as did him and Levi, to be honest I think he liked Levi better than me. All the girls in school were smitten with Levi and his 'quiet guy' attitude, it disgusted me.

On Friday Heath came up to me at lunch, "So, I know Kade's been kind of rude lately," that was an understatement, every time I would talk he'd look beyond bored and interrupt me constantly, "but he's actually a good guy."
I scoffed and Heath gave me a look, I let him continue. "Blake he's just not good with new people." I laughed and interjected, "He likes Levi. Don't make excuses for him. He's s twat."
Heath rolled his eyes and said, "That's cause Levi is cool, but I'll talk to him, get him to back off." He smiled straight after and I couldn't get mad at his adorable smile lines. I rolled my eyes playfully and we walked to class together.

As Friday night turned up I was ready for Netflix and ice cream, sitting in my Rick and Morty tee and pajama shorts I was startled when a loud knock echoed through the empty house.

Mum called saying her and some colleagues went out for dinner and Levi left for the party 20 minutes ago, who could be at the door? The loud knock sounded again, "Okay, I'm coming!"  Opening the door I was surprised to see a well-dressed Kade leaning on the doorway. What the hell?

He was wearing a black hoodie underneath a denim jacket and black jeans, his hair was stylishly pushed off his face in an 'I don't care but I still look better than you' way. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What do you want? Levi left with Heath like 20 minutes ago." Turning around I went to close the door but Kade's boot clad foot stopped me, "Yes I know. That's why I'm here to take you to the party." He said matter-of-factly.
My eyes widened and I had to re-say his words in my head to make sure that's what he had actually said, he wanted to take me to the party? He literally had just said in school he didn't care if I went.

"No." I said calmly.

"Yes." He replied.

"No!" I said with a bit more force and a frown.

"Get your uptight ass up to your room and get dressed." He ordered, I had no reply. I wasn't uptight? I had my mouth open like a fish and he took a step forward, "You look cute when you're flustered." He placed his jacket on the coat hook and let himself wander into my house. I couldn't believe him, it was liked he'd flipped. Whatever Heath said somehow made things worse.

"I said no, get that through your thick skull." He sighed and rolled his eyes with a little whatever under his breath, and I pushed him back to the doorway. He stood obligingly in the threshold of my house and I threw his jacket at him. "Bye Kade." I closed the door forcefully and locked it as loud as I could.

I sat back down on the lounge and pressed play to 'Teen wolf'.

After about the second season and a scene where some guy had his shirt off, I heard a thud coming from the back door, jumping up I grabbed a bowl holding it up as a weapon.

Creeping around the corner of the hallway I entered the kitchen, the back door in my sight. I was expecting to see a werewolf or a supernatural creature of some sort, but all I saw was darkness, I raised the bowl ready for who or whatever had entered my house. The bench and door was bathed in an eerie moonlight, god I hate the dark, even if I was 18 in a few months I can still be afraid of creature lurking in the shadows.

"I swear to god if there's a werewolf in here to eat me I'm going to kill everyone." I muttered as I walked back into the lounge room, I walked through the corridors and I was still taken back by the actual size of my new American house after 2 weeks.

I walked through the doorway and put my bowl back on the table and turned around only to be greeted by a heavy body jumping on me and covering my mouth. I elbowed the assailant in the groin and ran, a clear grunt of pain confirmed I hit my mark. A strong arm wrapped around my waist and I screamed, only to be cut off by their hand covering my mouth.

I yelled into their hand and struggled out of their grip, I heard laughter and I stopped dead in my tracks. I knew that laughter, it was Heath. Another laugh joined in, was that my brother? The hand found its way back to my waist and I was spun around into a hard chest.

"Hey again." I was pissed off, so when I heard Kade laugh at me I became furious, he chuckled and I punched him on the arm.
"Oh baby again, I like it rought." Kade's husky voice tickled my eardrum, "Hey that's my sister!" Levi warned, thank the lord he had some sense.

"Screw you guys." I spat before walking back to the lounge and sitting down less then gracefully, I snuggled up under my blankets and pressed play on 'Teen wolf' once again ignoring the boys as they came around to look at me. I hoped they wouldn't notice that I had actually been terrified.

"Blake?" Heath asked carefully before sitting next to me, I turned to him and shot him daggers with my eyes, "What?" I said calmly but my eyes never stopped burning into his face. He gulped and I saw his Adams apple bob up and down before he answered, "Can we watch with you?" I nodded and threw the blanket over him too. Smiling he kicked off his shoes and pulled me into a side hug, then he adjusted himself so we were shoulder to shoulder with my legs on the table and his just folded on the lounge. I had his arm in a vice grip, leaning my head on his shoulder. Kade sat on the floor and rested his head next to my legs, he wasn't touching me so I allowed it.

Levi sat on the other side of Heath, chattering away about the party, which reminded me.

"Why are you guys back so early from the party?" they looked at me wide eyed and Heath showed me the time 1:47am. Oh huh whoops.

"Ah, well then I should go to bed." They all glared at me and I laughed, "Okay I'll stay."

Waking up I attempted to run my fingers through my hair, knots the size of the ACT stopped me.

"Damn." I mutter before sleepily taking in my surroundings, a warm thing was hugging my legs and a head was in my lap, another body was snuggled against my side. The three boys were hugging me like a teddy bear.

"Guys I know I'm squishy and cute but get off!" I had raised my voice to wake them.

"Yes, do hop off my daughter." The stern maternal voice came from behind me. Yelping and jumping from me all three retreated from their positions.

"Sorry." They mumbled except Levi, he just rubbed his eyes, I smirked at them and walked up stairs to clean off.

20 minutes of warm heaven and I had to exit the shower, drying my body and towel drying my hair I walked to my room with the towel wrapped around me.

"Hey Blake!" I hear from Levi's room, turning I see a sleepy looking Levi leaning on the door frame, "Hey Blake." "Hi Blakey!" shrieking I grip my towel as Heath and Kade pop up from either side of the doorway, "Nice towel." Heath chirped and I glared in his direction before rushing into my room and slamming the door, a thud resonating through the framework of the house.