Chapter 5 - Levi

The next day arrived and mum and I drove, in a rather fast and furious manner, to the airport to pick up Levi. Once we parked mum began to get antsy.

I could tell mum was excited, she hadn't seen him in a few months. I was excited to see him too.

Standing next to a rather round man, mum and I waited for Levi's flight, after about 10 minutes people started to appear. Excitement coursed through my body, hesitation and nerves kicked in too, the conflicting emotions made my hands sweat and my heart race. I hadn't seen him in 5 months. I just wanted to wrap my arms around his twiggy little body.

But then Levi walked out, his dirty blonde head taller then the rest, his bright green eyes identical to my own looked around the terminal. He'd gotten big. Big muscles unlike anything he'd had before bulged out of his shirt, I almost didn't think it could have been him.

Where did my skinny bean pole brother go?

His eyes landed on mums and he smiled, I felt her relax beside me, I relaxed too. We waited anxiously as he weaved through the buzzing crowd to get to us, I didn't know what to do with myself, I was a wreck.

"Mum." Levi said, tears in his eyes and a croak to his voice, mum jumped into his arms and they hugged for a small eternity. I cleared my throat and they both looked at me, "Um, welcome to your new home." Was all I could muster up.

"Hey Bee." Levi said back, I held out my arms and he scooped me up into a bone-crushing hug. Did this boarding school major in gym? Levi was built now.

"I've missed you." I whispered into his shirt, "I missed you too, life isn't the same without you guys." Levi croaked out, I nodded and we walked back to the car.

The car ride home was mushy and long.

The dinner wasn't much better, we all shared stories of our lives away from each other. Levi talked about school and how he'd fit in straight away and was sad to leave his new friends. I told him I couldn't relate.

"So Bee, how is the new school?" Levi asked and I rolled my eyes and thought of the chaotic mass of students, "Loud." He laughed brightly and shook his head at me. "You're such a hermit." He replied.

"Okay you two, go to bed now it's late and I want you both to be on time tomorrow." we reluctantly agreed to go to bed and kissed mum goodnight.

The last thought I had before going to sleep was how content I was to have my whole family under one roof.