Chapter 10 - Popeye

Grey skies and black clouds, my mood darkened as the weather did, cold air whipped my face, stinging sensations consumed my nerves. I'd like to think my regular bad mood wasn't because of a certain blue-eyed boy but who was I kidding, Kade ruled my mind. He was awful to me one minute then flirting with me the next. I couldn't figure him out.

I ran from the front door to the car but I still got soaked, my mood was already ruined for the day.

"Sorry Levi, I forgot lunch so I had to raid mums drawers for money." Levi nodded and started the car as I fiddled with the weird green and white paper in my pockets.

"How's school going for you Lee?" I inquired, he shrugged turning to me, "Alright, I'm fitting in pretty well, Heath and Kade are good friends." I rolled my eyes at the mention of Kade's name, with a simple reply I turned on the radio and we drove off to school.

"He's a nice guy Bee, give him a chance." I scoffed at Levi , he sounded like Heath, I replied, "I'll give him a chance when he starts acting older than 4."
Levi sighed and continued to drive to school.

We arrived in the lake that was the school car park; it had huge brown puddles littered around it with sludgy mud leading to the school entrance, girls were screeching and the boys were chasing each other around, rolling my eyes I hop out of the car pulling up my hoodie.

I trekked through the mud not caring about my hair or clothes; I pushed open the school doors and slid the hood off my face. I was greeted with damp, stale air and a loud murmur of voices. "Blake wait up!" I heard Levi shout through the halls; I turned around with an apologetic smile on my face, he slugged my shoulder and I shoved him into lockers.

"Hey whoa no sibling violence in school please." Immediately I tense up at the voice, Kade.
"Sorry would you prefer if I turned the violence on you?" I replied with a sweet voice, he laughed and slung an arm around my shoulder, "Please." he said and I mimicked his voice in a very unmanly way before walking off to my locker.

Period 1 droned on, I kept losing concentration, listening to the soft pitter patter of rain, the constant rhythm of the droplets hitting the roof, it had always made me drift off into a dreamy state. I remember I used to get in trouble in school for-

"Miss Eastwood?" a stern feminine voice called, my head whipped from the window to my Biology teacher who was standing at the front of the classroom, her hands on her wide hips. Mrs. Stone had a reputation for being colder than ice when it came to discipline, so I had an idea of what was about to come.

"Sorry what?" the class chuckled and I looked to the ground embarrassed, "Well Miss Eastwood, if my class isn't interesting enough for you then I hope detention is. Get up and get out." She spat. I picked up my things and dragged my feet out of the classroom, shooting the stink eye at Mrs. Stone's turned back before I left.

Walking through the corridor I came to the now familiar door, room 105. I pushed it open to find the teacher sleeping head down, music in; I rolled my eyes and looked around the room for a seat, there were a few people sitting separately around the room, this was going to be a long period.

It was nearing break and I was still sitting in the uncomfortable detention room chairs, I could officially leave detention after lunch and I couldn't wait. Just as I was getting bored of the same old music repeating I saw the door creak open from the corner of my eye, I swivelled my head slightly and saw the leather jacket clad back of Kade Black.

"Oh Jesus help me." I whispered to myself, did this guy have to be everywhere? Well I guess he did go to my school and was kinda best friends with my brother...  I looked back up to the door and he was gone.

"Why is your fine ass in detention again?" I yelped and jumped out of my seat, I heard Kade muffle a laugh as I readjusted myself on the plastic chair.
Ignoring his compliment I swivelled back to the front.
"You're a douche you know that?" he didn't reply only smugly nodded with a cheeky grin stretching his face, he had small lines on the sides of his eyes and his lips thinned out to show off his pearly whites, I had to admit he looked kind of adorable.
Kade pushed out a chair and placed it directly next to me, he plopped his feet on it rather loudly and stretched back,
making his ride up and expose his v-line.
Damn.

"Can you not?" I said through my teeth as I attempted to push him off the chair, he moved slightly. I sighed and scooted my chair away, looking around I purposely avoided his smirk. I re-opened my book that I had given up on an hour ago and completely ignored his existence.

"Hey Blake." Ignore him.

"Blake?" Keep doing that; yeah ignore him.

"Bee? Are you trying to ignore me?" I also ignored the flip-flop my stomach did when he said my name, but yes genius I am ignoring you, and I'm doing a good job.

"You can't ignore me forever." I was about to mentally roll my eyes when a pair of wandering hands scooped me up, one underneath my bum and the underneath my armpits, he was carrying me bridal style!

"Put me down!" I whisper yelled, trying to hold back my scream so I wouldn't wake the teacher, I hit him hard in the chest and he grimaced.
A triumphant smiled appeared on my face, but it was soon wiped away when Kade threw me over his shoulder and my stomach was nailed into his shoulder. I let out a grunt of pain and was too aware of his large hands resting on my upper thighs.

My body became hot in my cheeks and places I'd rather not mention, his hands were radiating heat as he skillfully maneuvered his way out of the classroom, he didn't even wake the teacher and he had a captive human on his shoulder, how light did he walk?

He kept carrying me over his shoulder with me protesting with hard punches and sentences about him not suitable for most people's ears, "Put me down you wannabe Popeye!" I screeched over his shoulder, the blood was heavy in my head and I could feel my pulse in my eyes.

"But I have such a nice view from here." He replied his voice deep, I pushed myself up on his back.

"View of what you weirdo?" I scoffed at him, he threw me up a bit re-adjusting my body on his strong shoulder, he laughed loudly and patted my behind as he replied, "I got a nice view of your ass sweetcheeks ."
My eyes widened and I spat out, "Oh my god put me down!" students whipped their heads around in the car park as he strode confidently through the lot; he clicked his car keys and a beep sounded throughout the air.

"Put me down now!" I seethed, he slid me off his shoulder and held onto my waist as I hit the ground, he stood up straight letting go of me and rolled his shoulders and neck, stretching them out.
I stood there and ogled him as his muscles rippled and his perfect face molded into bliss. I snapped my eyes away before he could see me, I took the opportunity while he was distracted and started to walk away quickly.

"Blake!" he called and I sped up, but to no avail as I felt a heavy wrap around my waist and stomach and pull me into a chest.

"Let me take you somewhere." He whispered into my ear, I shivered from the proximity of our bodies and lost control of my body as I nodded, agreeing. I had no clue why I suddenly changed persona and the flakiness of my personality pissed me off but I still walked to his car.

We hopped in his car and he turned on the radio, "Kade, where are we going?" I asked, my voice surprisingly hoarse and throaty, he looked at me and I saw an unknown emotion cross his eyes, he turned back to the road and replied, "Somewhere good."