Chapter 29

That night, they went to Jamie's house after chatting with her over the phone to get all of Gabby's things. They had called Dinah to help unload, and at first she was confused.

"What do you mean? You guys don't have a baby... right?" her voice couldn't hide her excitement.

Lauren just laughed softly before explaining their situation, and she had told them she'd be happy to help. When the three of them had finished, they could barely fit into their cars. Lauren and Dinah drove home carefully, not wanting anything to happen as neither of them could really see behind them. Once they pulled into their complex and parked, Camila grabbed the keys and Gabby while Lauren and Dinah started to unpack.

They had baby proofed the house earlier that day after hanging up the phone with Dr. Huffman. Now they needed to set up the guest room as a nursery, and they weren't that prepared as this had been short notice. They hadn't bothered to paint over the soft blue of the room, as this wasn't permanent and that already was a good color for a nursery.

"Camz, you can put her in this so we can unpack without worrying about her finding something," Lauren says, unfolding the bouncer on wheels with tiny toys attached to it. Camila nods, and places the youngster in it before they continue to unpack Gabby's things.

When they've finished, they had an almost perfect nursery, a high chair in the kitchen, a stroller folded by the door, baby food stocked on shelves and baby clothes in the nursery closet.

"Whew! That's a lot of work for one kid," Dinah says as she plops on the couch. Gabby looks up at her and giggles at her. Dinah smirks, looking back down at her. "What're you laughing at?" she says in a high other voice, making Gabby giggle again. "Awe, I love this kid. She doesn't make fun of me," Dinah says to Lauren and Camila, who laugh. "How old is she?" Dinah asks.

"About seven months," Camila says, smiling down at the baby.

"This is crazy. You guys are still in college and you're not even engaged, yet you've practically adopted a baby," Dinah says.

Lauren just shrugs, but she can't help but think about that, and not for the first time. She truthfully had been planning on proposing to Camila, but then she started talking to Jamie.

Camila just laughs. "Yeah right. We wouldn't be getting married right now. Right Laur?" she asks casually.

Lauren fakes a smile. "Right," she says.

Camila shakes her head. "Anyway, I need to go call Jamie and tell her everything went great. She'll worry," And with that, Camila walks down the hall to the study and shuts the door behind her.

Lauren almost immediately rushed over to sit next to Dinah, who looks confused and kind of scared. "Dinah, why would you bring up getting married?" Lauren asks her seriously.

"Sorry?" Dinah says in a questioning tone. Lauren sighs, running a hand through her hair. "What the hell is with you?" Dinah asks in concern, sitting back up.

"I... I was going to propose to Camila this weekend. But I started talking to Jamie and I felt so bad that I suggested we would watch Gabby and now..."

"Now you can't do it?" Dinah asks, and Lauren nods. "Lauren, you do realize that proposing doesn't mean you have to have your wedding right away, right?" Dinah practically laughs. Lauren furrows her eyebrows. "Now I agree you don't really have the time or the money to be having a huge wedding this weekend, but you can still be engaged," Dinah says quietly, realizing Camila might hear.

"But I didn't even have the plan all worked out," Lauren says in frustration.

"Lauren, calm down. I'll help you think of something," Dinah says calmly as she sits back into the couch.