Chapter 21

Lauren walks down the hallway the following morning. A tall senior knocks into her shoulder, and her book goes sliding a few feet in front of her. She glares at him before laughing softly to herself, being reminded of the day that Camila had brought her book back when that happened so she didn't get in trouble.

Before she can pick it up, another hand reaches out and grabs it. She looks up to be met with blue eyes, and the girl smiles at her.

"Lauren!" she says excitedly.

"Melanie?" Lauren questions, vaguely remembering the girl from her softball team a few years ago.

She nods enthusiastically. "How've you been?" she asks interestedly, handing her the book back.

"I-I'm great... What are you doing here? Didn't you move to Seattle?"

"Yeah, but we just moved back last week. My dads job moved him back here so, here I am!" she says, laughing lightly.

"Yup. Here you are," Lauren says, faking a smile. She truthfully was intimidated by the girl. She was really pretty. Before she'd left, Melanie and Lauren had a thing at softball camp, and Lauren had been head over heels for her. Only Normani and Ally knew about it, and when it ended, nobody ever brought it up.

"And I see you're still as pretty as I remember, maybe even more," she says, smiling shyly.

Lauren blushes. "Thank you."

"I know you probably haven't thought about me in years but, can we still be friends?" she asks nervously.

Lauren looks at her closely for a moment before sighing softly and nodding.

Melanie sighs in relief. "Great. Um, you wanna hang out after school?" she asks.

"Uh... sure."

"Okay, great. I gotta get to class, see ya later!" she says, touching her shoulder gently before leaving.

Lauren takes a deep breath, running a hand through her hair before heading to class.

---

"MELANIE?!" Normani practically spits out the name after school.

"Shh! Yes, Melanie," Lauren says, trying to quiet her friend's voice.

"Melanie Sherman. As in Hot Mel?"

"Yes, now keep your voice down. I don't want Camz to know about her," Lauren hisses.

Normani rolls her eyes. "She'll find out, Lo. You know she will so you might as well just tell her yourself." Before she can answer, Ally rushes into the bathroom.

"What's the emergency?" she asks worriedly.

"Hot Mel is back," Normani says.

Ally's eyes widen. "MELANIE SHERMAN?!" she asks in disbelief. Lauren groans.

"Yes, now both of you, shut. Up!" Lauren says through gritted teeth.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Ally asks them, crossing her arms.

"She moved back here from Seattle. Her dads job moved them back," Lauren explains.

"Well you aren't gonna like, TALK to her, are you?" Normani asks. Lauren drops her gaze to the ground.

"Lauren Michelle," Ally says in disapproval.

"I told her we could still be friends, and that we could hag out after school," Lauren tells them regretfully. Normani groans, hitting her head gently against the wall.

"Well don't tell Mila about her," Ally says, holding her hands up.

"You see?" Lauren says to Normani.

Normani rolls her eyes, putting the strap of her bag back over her shoulder. "Whatever, just do what you feel you need to do, Laur," she says, walking out to find Dinah. Lauren sighs, following Ally out to the parking lot in search of Camila.

"Bye Lo," Ally says, waving as she got into Troy's car. Lauren smiles, waving back before heading to Dinah's car, where Camila waited for her every day.

"Hey, Camz," Lauren greets her, kissing her sweetly.

"Hey," Camila says, smiling as she pulled away. Lauren puts her arm around her shoulder, and Camila holds her hand that was dangling from it as they turned to start walking to her car.

"Anything interesting happen today?" Lauren asks, leaning her head against Camila's.

"Not really. You?"

"A girl I used to go to softball camp with came up to me today after moving back from Seattle. That's about it," Lauren says casually.

Camila nods. "That's cool," she says casually, shrugging it off.

"Mhm," Lauren hums in agreement, closing the passenger door open for the brown eyed girl. "She asked if I could hang out with her today after school... Is that okay?" Lauren asks her as they pull out of the parking lot.

Camila laughs lightly. "Well yeah, of course. Why would you ask me?"

Lauren grabs her hand gently, kissing the back of it. "Because I want you to be okay with my decisions."

Camila smiles. "Awe. Yes, you can hang out with a girl from softball camp," she says, kissing Lauren's hand.

------

a/n: Hey, sorry I haven't been on here in 12 years. My wattpad on my laptop had been acting up and on top of that I've barely been home since my friends decided to wait until the end of summer to plan things back to back. Anyway, I promise I'm working on the next chapter right now. Ily, have a good day (or night).

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}