Chapter 17

"Lana is my new best friend. Sorry, Walz, you've been replaced," Dinah says as she was laying on the floor, Lana on her chest a few days before New Years. 

"Sucks for you, I still have the necklace. Plus you can't have a better best friend than me. I'm hilarious," Camila replies, playing with the necklace teasingly from the couch with her cast up on the ottoman. 

"Whatever. I can just get another gold slice of pizza and attach it to her collar," Dinah shoots back, adjusting the tiny purple collar on the kitten gently. 

"She really likes my necklace actually. She'll just use you to get one of her own that I'll actually let her chew on," Camila says, rolling her eyes playfully at her pet. 

"Hey, can you quit hogging the new baby of the family?" Ally asks Dinah, holding her hands out for the small creature. 

"Yeah, you've practically held her hostage since we got here," Normani adds, laughing softly. 

Dinah sighs, handing Ally Lana carefully. 

"You know, it's ironic Lauren got you a cat for Christmas after you called me a cat lady," Normani says to Camila. 

"I only have one cat. And look how cute she is," Camila defends herself. 

"That's the first step, Mila," Dinah joins in smugly. 

"Hey, you love her just as much as she does, admit it," Lauren says defensively. 

"I do. But only cuz she's cute. If she ever hisses or claws at me when she's grown I'm disowning her and I'm out," Dinah says, holding her hands up. Camila rolls her eyes at Dinah as Ally places Lana back onto the carpet gently. She takes a few wobbly steps forward before looking around at the girls, who were watching her intently. She wobbled over to Lauren and Camila, curling up on Lauren's shoes that were near her feet. 

"Awe look, she loves Camren too!" Dinah coos jokingly. 

Camila throws a pillow at her, but Dinah catches it before chucking it back. Lauren catches it before it can hit her girlfriend's face, throwing it back at Dinah quickly and as a result hitting her face instead. "Lauren that's not fair. You play softball, that's why I throw them at Mila," Dinah whines, rubbing her eye. 

"Lauren," Normani scolds her, checking to see if Dinah was okay. 

"My hero," Camila says, turning her head a little to kiss her lovingly. Lana gets back up at all the commotion, going over to Ally and rubbing up against her ankle. 

"Awe," Ally coos, picking Lana up and cuddling her. "I always leave first, I know, you miss me," she says to the kitten. She places her back on her feet, standing and slipping her sandals back on. "Bye guys. I'll see you on New Years," Ally says to them. 

Eventually everyone goes home, leaving just Camila and Lauren in the house. When Lauren goes down the hall to the bathroom, Camila wiggles her fingers in front of Lana, getting her attention before she pounces on her hand, barely nipping her finger. 

"Hey! You're a jerk when we're alone, y'know that?" Camila says, laughing softly as the kitten looks up at her innocently.

-------

a/n: Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated. I honestly forgot to lmao I suck. But in my defense I haven't really been home aka no computer aka no updates sooo yeah. I'm putting up another chapter today, though to make up for it. Have a good day, ily.

-Ashleigh

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}