Chapter 12

Lauren is awoken at 3am by her phone ringing beside her. She groans, reaching for it and squinting at the sudden light so her eyes would adjust. Dinah.

"Hello?" She asks groggily in confusion.

"Lauren!" She exclaims, her voice wavering.

"What's wrong?" She asks nervously, sitting up straight.

"Y-you need to come to the hospital, Lauren. Now," she says, starting to cry.

"What?" Lauren darts out of bed and grabs a baggy school sweatshirt before running downstairs, grabbing her car keys and slipping on her shoes. "I'm on my way," she says nervously.

"Lauren? Where the hell are you going?" Clara asks sleepily from the top of the staircase, confused in her bathrobe.

"I need to get to the hospital," is all she says before she runs out the door to her car, driving over the speed limit but not caring. She jumps out of her car, running as fast as she could across the parking lot and into the main lobby, where Dinah was pacing in the waiting area.

"Lauren!" She screams in relief, running to her and hugging her tightly as she continued to cry.

"What the hell is going on, Dinah?" She asks her nervously.

"Camila, she... she's hurt. It's really bad, Lauren. It's so... bad. It's all my fault," she says sadly, her voice cracking before she lets out another sob. Lauren hugs her again.

"How could it be your fault?"

"I-I didn't tell anyone, Lauren and I should've. Fuck, why didn't I? Why wouldn't I say anything, I-I should've known better..." She trails off as she lets another sob escape her lips.

"I knew something was going to happen, I... I fucking KNEW it. God, why the fuck am I so stupid?" Lauren exclaims in frustration, grabbing her hair. "W-when can we see her?" she asks after a beat.

Dinah shakes her head. "It can only be... family right now," she says sadly, sobbing mid sentence. "I-I told them I wasn't going to leave until I could see her."

Lauren nods. "I'm not leaving either. Where are Mani and Ally?"

"Shit. I knew I forgot something, I was just so worked up about getting you the fuck over here..." Dinah explains, sniffling as she takes out her phone.

"How bad is it?" Lauren asks her quietly as they sit down next to each other.

"All I know is, Sofi is okay and Sinuhe and Camila are... not," she says sadly as she scrolls through her contact list. She calls Ally first, putting her on speaker.

"Dinah, what do you need at three thirty in the morning?" She complains drowsily.

"Ally, you need to come to the hospital and meet me and Lauren here," Dinah says.

"What? The hospital? Why?"

"I-it's Camila. Please hurry," Lauren says pleadingly.

"Alright, I-I'm on my way," she says in a panic. They hear shuffling before it ends.

They call Normani and tell her the same thing. Soon all four of them are anxiously waiting in the hospital waiting room, Lauren pacing while Normani nurses a cup of hospital coffee.

"Lauren, you're making me dizzy just watching you, come sit down and try to relax a little," Ally says, patting the seat next to her.

"Relax? How the fuck can I relax?" She asks sadly, continuing to pace. A few minutes later, a nurse in a pink uniform comes out holding a clipboard.