Chapter 24

Two days later, Lauren rushes to Camila's hallway to try to coax her into the bathroom. She had tried to talk to Camila probably fifty times in the past two days, but she always got away looking like she was about to burst into tears at the sight of her. Two days of silence between them. Two days of heartache, and two days of the most agonizing pain and overwhelming feeling of being alone Lauren had ever felt. She decided today that enough was enough. 

She sees the brown eyed girl at her locker with Dinah, and the taller girl sees her coming. Lauren gives her a pleading look, and Dinah looks between them before sighing, nodding softly at Lauren when Camila is searching for a book in her locker. Lauren nods back, and Dinah steps back a little as she walks up. 

"Camz," she says from behind her. 

Camila stops moving completely at the sound of her voice, almost losing it right away. She takes a deep, shaky breath, looking at Dinah for help. She gives her a knowing look before walking away, and Camila watches her go in disapproval. 

She can feel Lauren's pleading eyes practically burning a hole through her head, so she slowly meets her gaze as she turns. 

"Please come with me. I need to explain," Lauren says desperately. 

"I think your story from the other day has explained enough, thank you," Camila says more confidently than she felt, trying to walk away from her. 

Lauren grabs her wrist to stop her. "Please," she says desperately, pain evident in her words. 

Camila squeezes her eyes shut, slowly turning back around. "Fine," she says, pulling her arm back. 

Lauren nods slightly, leading her into the girl's bathroom down the hall where nobody else was. Once they're inside and the door shuts, Lauren looks at her with pain in her eyes. 

Camila shifts her backpack on her shoulders. "So? What's your excuse for cheating on me?" she says coldly, putting her walls up again. 

"Why would I cheat on you, Camila? Do you really think I would do that to you?" Lauren asks angrily, hurt that her girlfriend didn't trust her. 

Camila crosses her arms. "Well considering you kissed her, I honestly don't know anymore," she says, trying to keep her composure. She was angry with Lauren, but also hurt, and she felt like crying in a corner right about now. 

"Camila, you don't understand what happened. You keep running off before I can tell you!" Lauren bursts out. 

Camila's lip quivers, and Lauren's face softens. 

"Camz... I didn't kiss Melanie. She kissed me. I didn't even realize that she had wanted to do something like that, she caught me completely off guard. Right after I told her that I had a girlfriend and I walked out and that was it. That's ALL the happened, Camz. I promise," Lauren says desperately. 

"Why didn't you just tell me you had a thing with her? Why would I have to find that out accidentally from Dinah?" 

"I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. I told her we could be FRIENDS. I haven't talked to her since, although she's tried... I don't want to be with her, I never did and I never will. I don't love her, Camila," Lauren says, her voice finally softening as well. 

"Were you even going to tell me that kiss happened if I didn't have to pee that morning?" Camila questions coldly. 

"I was, actually, thanks for the faith in me," Lauren shoots back. 

"Alright, this was great. Well, if you're done here then I'm just-" Camila starts, her tears starting to run down her face. 

Lauren realizes she was starting another fight and sighs in defeat, rubbing her eyes to try to stop the stinging from the tears she was keeping in. It only makes it worse, though, and she starts to cry despite her best efforts. 

"I'm sorry, Camila. I never would've even looked at her if I had known she was going to do that. I... I love you," Lauren says shakily, grabbing her wrist gently to stop her from leaving. Camila turns to look at her through her tears. "A-and I know you probably don't trust me and you hate me and you never want to be around me again, but it meant nothing to me Camz, I swear. I-I just need you to know that," Lauren continues emotionally. 

Camila can't stand watching her cry any longer and steps forward, suddenly hugging her tightly. Lauren wraps her arms around her almost immediately, letting out a short relieved sob. 

"I don't hate you, Lauren. I never could," Camila says honestly. 

"I'm so sorry. I'll never talk to anyone ever again if that's what you want. I'll do anything for you to love me again," 

"Lauren, I didn't stop loving you. I was just hurt... I love you too, by the way," Camila says, looking up at her and sniffling. 

Lauren smiles gently, and she leans forward to kiss her softly, craving the feeling of being with her again that she missed so much. 

"Also, I'll kill her once I see her," Camila adds, laughing lightly as she wiped her eyes. 

Lauren chuckles. "Maybe Dinah can help you," she adds jokingly. 

"I was thinking we could all do something," Camila continues to play along as they walk out to the parking lot together, Lauren's arm wrapped around her shoulders.  

-----

a/n: I can't stand them fighting for long when I read other fanfics so you're lucky I'm a wimp when it comes to Camren lmao. Have a great day, ily.

-Ashleigh 

{IG: Milaslayme, Twitter: gtg_cabello}