Chapter 9: Female Dogs

Amber's POV

I was getting ready to meet up with Kels at the shopping centre. She says she has a surprise for me, but I've got a really bad feeling about it.

I headed out and waited for her in the front of the shopping centre. I saw her car pull up into one of the parking spaces. Without a moment to waste, she jumped out of her car with a smile smacked across her face. She's such a goofball. Oh how I've missed hanging out with her!

I stretched my arms out forward awaiting her approach so that we could hug, but then someone came out from the passenger's side. At my first glimpse of the dark haired and brown skinned girl, I knew it was Nareesha. And, I also knew that I was royally fucked.

She turned around while shutting the car door. She pulled off her shades, her eyes instantly meeting mine. My heart stopped and my arms fell to my sides. Nunu's jaw dropped along with the excitement I had within me.

Kels stopped halfway towards me. She looked at me in question when my smile faded. She then looked back and stared at Nunu who was still next to the car and completely frozen. "Nunu, are you alright?" she asked. She slapped her forehead and said "Oh, you're so stunned to see her! That's why you're frozen. I can tell excitement is just bursting inside of you! You can thank me later when your back to normal." She giggled and turned back to me with a smile.

Avoiding having Kels realize that neither of us are happy about this, I pulled a smile. She did a little happy skip towards me and wrapped her arm around my neck. We stared at Nunu who then gave the most fake smile I've ever seen. "Come here, you! Let's have a group hug" Kels said to Nunu.

Nunu took her time walking toward us. "Welcome back!" she said, her smile looking more realistic now. Kels forced her and I into a hug. "It's just like old times!" she exclaimed and later squealed.

"I can't breathe and you're hurting my ears" I said with an airy voice as I began to feel a bit faint.

"Oh, sorry!" she replied quickly pulling apart. "Inside we go!"

Kels grabbed our hands and rushed into the shopping centre, Century 21 quickly grabbing her attention. She dragged us into the store. "Okay, so here's what's going to happen. I'm going to go hunting for a cute outfit for when the whole gang goes clubbing Saturday night. And while I do that, Amber will be explaining her disappearance from the face of the Earth and yada-yada. Okay! We shall begin!" She dashed off to a rack that had the cutest strapless tops.

"Clubbing?" I said to myself. I stood beside Nunu awkwardly, afraid to look at her.

"So, you're back" she said with a normal tone of voice.

"Yeah" I replied, my eyes browsing around the shop nervously.

"Why?"

"Becau-"

"Why would you do this? You've been gone for so long and left without telling anyone. Then you decide to waltz back into everyone's lives. Well I'm gonna let you know right now, you can stay the hell out of mine and Siva's" she said cutting me off.

I let a quiet breath escape my mouth. I tried reducing my tension and tried gathering myself up and all that was left of my dignity. I turned and faced her. She had her arms crossed as she stared directly across the shop.

"I know I really screwed up with the whole Nath and Jay thing before I left."

"Ya think?" she said sarcastically while raising her brows.

"I'm not sure what was wrong with me that day when I... did what I did with Nathan. I guess I was just so overwhelmed. He was the only one who was comforting me at the time and I sort of just let myself go. Even though I was with Jay, things happened and my feelings for Nathan sort of just resurfaced. I'm upset about doing what I did, and there isn't any excuse in the world that can fix it, but I truly regret it.