Chapter 2: She's...Special

Nathan's POV

Today I was to meet up with Megan. Jay's been acting weird. I'm not sure why. He's been ignoring me, so I just let it slide. I've got lunch with Megan so that's all that matters right now. She says she's got some good news.

I left the flat and went to the Indian restaurant we were to meet up at. She was already sitting at a table. I joined and gave her a peck on the lips. "Hey sweety" she said with a cute smile. "'Ello beautiful" I replied.

"I already ordered you some curry, if you don't mind. I know which kind you like."

"Thanks. You're still on that diet?"

"Yeah, so I ordered myself a salad."

"You're perfect the way you are. You don't need to diet."

"If I want to become a model then yes I do. I have to maintain a certain size so that the modeling agency I've been talking about can take me under its wing. I don't want to live off my parents' money forever, and I don't want to attend a university."

"Alright. Don't go overboard with this. Okay?

"You don't have to worry about that."

A waiter came to our table and handed us our food. Megan had already ordered me a coke, so it was on the table when I got here. She knows me so well.

We began to eat and make small talk. I wanted her to give me the good news already. "What happened to the good news you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. My father was going to sell one of his bungalows. I asked him if I could keep it and he gave it to me. It was about time that I moved out of our main house."

"That's the good news?"

"Yeah. I'm finally on my own and I was thinking you should move in with me."

I was just about to swallow my food when she pitched in that idea. It went down the wrong tube forcing me to try and cough it up. "Oh my god. Nathykinz, are you alright?" she asked concerned. I was able to cough the food back up and spat it into my napkin. I gasped for air with my eyes bulged out of my sockets.

"I was choking on food. How would I be alright?"

She pondered for a second and replied saying "You're right. Silly me." She giggled. "Back to my question. Want to move in?"

"We haven't even exchanged those three words yet."

"Okay then. I love you. Your turn."

"You have to mean it."

"I do mean it. I really love you" she said while smiling and attempting to place her hands on mine which were laid out on the table. I quickly pulled them away and placed them onto my lap. She pulled hers back awkwardly and crossed her arms."You don't feel the same way?" she asked.

"I like you a lot. You know that. I'm just not ready to move onto the next step of our relationship, and I'm certainly not ready to move in with you."

"I don't understand you. It took you forever to ask me out after constant flirting. I mean, we did each other...like all the time. It's been four months since we started dating. We label ourselves a couple, yet you don't even love me."

"I don't want to end up hurting you, nor do I want to get hurt. Also, I'm pretty sure people don't move in together after four months of dating."

"Why not?"

"Because, that's crazy, insane."

"My parents did that."

"And now your mum's messing around with the pool boy."