Chapter 4: The Deal

Jay's POV

I awoken with a pounding in my head. Max barged in the room screaming "Rise and shine my little pale friend!" I clenched my fists while holding my comforter. My ears were about to bleed. "Unnecessary you piece of-"

"Sunshine? Awww you're so sweet" he said cutting me off. "Amber called you."

"What?"

"You told me everything yesterday. Call her back."

I think I need to take a break from all the drinking.

Max left the room, I grabbed my phone and looked at my call history. I tapped on the unfamiliar number at the top of the list. "Hello?" I heard Amber's sweet voice pick up.

"You called?"

"Yeah, to talk to you about the DNA test."

"What about it?"

"I know what you and Jared planned."

"You know you can't stop me from knowing, right?"

"Unfortunately. Before you find out, can we just work things out?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before you all find out about who the father is, I want to work things out with everyone. I know it won't happen within the week so I'll get Jared to hold the results for a while. It'll remain unopened until I make amends with everyone of you. If you want Tyler to be apart of your life or whatever, he needs to be in a good environment. It won't be good for me having bad blood with everyone. Deal?"

I sighed. "Alright, it's a deal. How about we start off with El?"

She gave an even longer sigh. "This is so not going to be fun."

"She's off tomorrow. She's got some errands to run. She'll be back at her house around 5 in the afternoon. If you want, I'll go with you."

"Okay. Thanks."

"No problem."

"And Jay"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about what happened the other day. I'm also sorry for leaving you all behind."

"Stop apologizing to me. I know when you're sorry. Apologize to the people who don't."

"Alright. I'll see ya tomorrow."

"One more thing."

"Uhuh?"

"Lay off the booze."

I chuckled. "I'll try."

Nathan's POV

"Hey baby Nath" Max said with a grin walking into the kitchen as I searched for a snack.

"Hey."

"I had a talk with Megan the other day. She was crying her eyes out."

"She asked me to move in with her and I said no."

"And that you don't love her" he added.

"I don't" I said, shrugging.

"Because you're scared to. I don't think I'm the only one who noticed why she caught your eye."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, because she resembles Amber. That's why you were scared to hook up with her. Now that you guys are together, you're scared of loving her."

"No I'm not."

"You know it's true."

"Fine. So what if it is?"

"You've got to get over her."

"How can I get over someone I loved so much?"

"Ask Jay. He did."

"No, he didn't. He's using my same method. If you haven't realized, he's only been hooking up with blue-eyed brunettes."

"Woah. I never even noticed."

"And now you have."

"If you stay like this, you'll end up doing what you don't want to do."

"Which would be?"

"Hurting Megan, which is what you're already doing. Stop using her. If you can't be with her then break up with her in the most polite and explanatory way ever."

"I'm not breaking up with Megan. I... I can't." I almost said I loved her, which surely isn't true.

"You're being really selfish. You're only thinking of yourself in the relationship you have with her. It's wrong and unfair."

"Would you quit already? I don't need this right now. I'm just trying to find something to stop my stomach from growling."

Max shook his head and walked away. I found myself a bag of chips/crisps and began munching on them. I took out my phone from my back pocket and called up Megan. Her voicemail picked up. I called her three more times and got her voicemail each time.

I must've really hurt her. What do I do now? I feel really bad.

Amber's POV

I walked out of my bedroom ready for work. "I'm gonna go now" I said to Jared. I walked over to the kitchen where Tyler was sitting eating his breakfast. "Bye my love" I said kissing his cheek. "I'm gonna call you later Jared" I said and walked out.

Hours had passed. It was my lunch break so I decided to call Jared. "Hey. Sup?" he said. "I talked to Jay earlier" I replied.

"About what?"

"About your mission on finding out who's Tyler's father. I don't appreciate you going behind my back like that."

"Too bad. It was bound to happen. You've got no right to keep Nathan and Jay from knowing."

"I know. Jay and I made a deal."

"What is it?"

"We decided that you'll keep the results until I fix my relationship with everyone. You won't know the results until we do."

"Sounds good to me. Out of curiosity, lets pretend Tyler didn't exist. Who would you choose after all of this, that is if the boys would let you?"

"Why do you always ask that question?"

"Because I want to know."

"As the usual, I'll give the same answer. I don't know."

"You do. You just won't admit it to yourself."

"Whatever. See ya later."

"Bye."

Why does he always ask that same damn question? My answer will never change. I loved both Nath and Jay. Worst part about it all is that I'm still not over them.