Chapter 3: Blame The Booze

Max's POV

I walked into the pub and found Jay sitting at the bar. I took a spot next to him. He was completely hammered. "What's wrong mate? You don't usually get like this unless you've got someone with ya" I said. He looked up at me with his droopy eyes. "M-Max? What are you doin' here?" he asked in response.

"Came to get a drink of course."

"Oh. Well, some-something h-." He hiccuped "happened."

"What?"

"I found Amber."

"What?" I exclaimed and then quickly lowered my voice. "Where is she? When did you find her?"

"Newark and yesterday."

"What the bloody hell? Has she been there the whole time?"

"Yup. She lives with h-her guy friend and her baby."

"Baby?"

"She never told Nath and I she was pregnant. She doesn't even know who the father is. She doesn't want to get the DNA test done, so Jared her friend is secretly getting it done."

"Oh my god. This is fucking crazy. Did you tell Nath?"

"No. I want to find out ff-first."

"You've got to tell him."

"I don't want to give him any trouble with his girl. I'll find out first before putting him in such a predicament."

"What if it's yours?"

"Never thought that through. Holy shit! What if, what if he is?" he exclaimed.

"It's a boy?"

"Yeah. His name's Tyler."

"The guy she's living with is just a friend right?"

"Yeah. He's been helping her out. Th-They went to school together."

"Is Tyler the reason she left?"

"Partly. She left for our sake. She didn't want to ruin my relationship with Nath nor did she want to ruin the band."

"I'm guessing you're more upset at the fact she left rather than her having a baby that could possibly be yours."

"Of course. You don't know how much I've missed her. Now she's turned into a bitch 'cause she doesn't want to get the DNA test done. She said I'd never be apart of Tyler's life and then she kicked me out."

"She was probably in overprotective mother mode. What if Tyler turns out to be Nath's?"

"Then n-nothing else in my...life will...matter...anymore" he replied collapsing his head onto the bar.

"Check please!" I requested. Time to take Jay home.

This is all so crazy. First he finds Amber with a baby that's possibly his; then Nath's girl tries hooking up with me. Is the world purposely trying to break the group apart or something? And now the drama shall unfold.

Amber's POV

I'm well aware that Jared had a little chat with Jay outside the other day. I have my suspicions. I don't know what they talked about, but I think they're plotting to get the DNA test done. I was sitting in the living room watching the tele with Jared. Tyler was in his crib sleeping.

Jared got up from the couch and went to go use the bathroom. He left his phone beside me. I quickly unlocked it and scrolled through his texts. I found Jay's name and tapped on it. I read the texts they sent to each other.

To Jay:

I sent in the DNA.

Jay:

When will you get the results?

To Jay:

By the end of the week.

Jay:

Alright. Thnx mate!

Jared came out the bathroom. Instantly, I went back to his home screen, turned his phone off, and placed it back where it was. I got up and went into my room. I called Jay. I kept his number for precaution. "Hello?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Jay?"

"No, this is Max. Jay's in a bit of a mess right now. Blame the booze... Amber? Is that you Amber?"

"Ummm...no. It's no one."

"It is you. Don't hang up. I already know about Tyler. Don't worry. I'm the only one Jay's told. I think he only told me 'cause he's drunk. How've you been love?"

"You still don't know do you?"

"About what went down between you three? I've figured it out for myself. I'm the only one who knows."

"You must think I'm the worst."

"Actually, I feel sorry for you. You all are to blame so I'm not on anyone's side. Just so you know, we all miss you."

"Not Siva and Nunu."

"They do. They're just pretending not to."

"I miss you all too. Do me a favor please. When Jay wakes up, tell him to call this number. Okay?"

"Alright love. N'night."

"Goodnight."

I felt like crying. After all this Max still cared for me. He still missed me. How's this possible? And they say friends don't last forever. I begged a differ.

Max's POV

I hadn't gotten drunk like I wanted to. Now I'll never forget what happened with Megan. At least I got to talk Amber. I really do miss her. Nothing's quite the same without her apart of the gang.