Chapter 21

* Victoria*

                                  I couldn't believe that Paisley was gone. I lifted her up. We made our way to the big house, because everyone wanted to discuss the stories further and find out what happened to Percy. I walked into the den, Paisley still in my arms, Brooklin still crying, and Josiah teary-eyed. Josiah had to come with us to the Big House, because the storm was picking up, and it was too far to the Athena cabin.

                                     Hazel leapt up and ran over. "What happened?" she demanded, taking Paisley from me. She started to cry. She sat back down on the couch, Paisley's head in her lap, and stroked her hair. She lay her head on Frank's shoulder. Leo looked pale.

                                        "What happened?' he repeated. Brooklin sobbed.

                                         "After we all went to the cabins to tell them to stay in there, because of the potential storm threat, I came back to the big house and- and the upstairs was a complete wreck- a few of the stairs were broken too- and there was a hole in the wall, and then- there was a Cyclops down there with Paisley, and so I raced down there and- and I killed the Cyclops- but-" she sobbed "But I was too late!" Hazel shook her head, tears streaming down her cheeks.

                                             " She was a good person." she whispered. " A good person."

                                              " And oh," I said, a burst of anger surging through me. "Do I have a bone to pick with that no-good blonde." I said.

                                               " The boy who Paisley pulled out of the snow this morning? But how-"

                                                " He was there!" Brooklin cried angrily. " he could've helped Paisley, but instead he ran!" Hazel shook her head silently.

                                                   " Well then I've got a bone to pick with him, too." Hazel whispered.

                                                    " And me." Leo added.

                                                    "Guys, we can't do anything about it now. We can all make a shroud for her together, but for now, let's lay her outside in a plastic bag, so that she's preserved." Piper reasoned. Brooklin shuddered.

                                                      " I hate the sound of that." she said, as she sorrowfully lay Paisley in a plastic bag, and set her outside, as she was told. 

                                                     "So Percy," Bianca started. "Earlier you remembered something when I said Mythomagic. I think that if we each take turns saying a word that connects with a key part of Percy's life, he'll start remembering everything."

                                                        "Labyrinth!" cried Annabeth.

                                                         " Teddy bears!"

                                                          " Gorgons!"

                                                           "Tartarus!"