Chapter 20

*Paisley*

                              I felt Brooklin pull the knife out of my chest, and my vision was red. I put my hand on my chest, and it came back soaked with blood. I could see Brooklin leaving, and I managed to grab her hand. I could already feel myself slipping away. I could hear myself talking, and I meant what I was saying, but I wasn't really fully aware until the part about Samuel. I was panicked. because I remembered that I was going to tell Brooklin something, and it just slipped my mind I guess, and now here I am dying- I remembered our first day here, when I was on my way back from setting up the tents, and Victoria and Brooklin were already at the big house. I saw someone outside the Athena cabin, no, two people. One I knew to be Josiah and I was going to call to him, until I saw who the other person was. He had short blonde hair, and a clever smile hiding underneath a serious frown, that I had never seen Samuel use before. he had always smiled. Samuel saw me, and grinned, waving, before disappearing right before my eyes. Josiah hurried inside. So did I.

                                I wasn't about to lie to myself, I knew what I'd seen. I wasn't going to tell anyone though, because they wouldn't have believed me, but now was my last chance for anyone to know, but before I could say anything, I couldn't breath. The beating of my own heart roaring in my ears stopped, and I felt myself slipping away, knowing, that I would never get to say goodbye to all the ones I love.