Chapter 12

A/N

BTW, I'm sorry about the usernames, Omegasmileyface and brooklinkailee, I can't help myself. The bold that isn't under an A/N is text or phone call. To brooklinkailee, I am changing your story just a little, but not a whole lot. I don't really like writing about major contention between family members much.

*Brooklin*

                         I was in my old house in Anchorage, Alaska. I was in my room, when I got a text from Victoria.

                  CraZgrapes- Hey Brooklin, it's movie night, and Samuel and Josiah are coming over, but they are both boys, and I'll be totally outvoted when they both agree on something like G-force or whatever, U want to come?

               Sadie_the_2nd- Yeah, sure, be there in a few.

              I put on my school tee, and threw my sweatshirt on over it, wearing some sweats, I armed myself with my phone, ear buds, and a reading book: The Blood Of Olympus. I hurried down the stairs, pulling my hair into a ponytail on the way.

                       "Hey mom, I'm going to Victoria's, I'll be back round' twelve-" I stopped at the bottom. My mom as staring absently at the kitchen table, where a glass bottle sat. I knew mom had been drinking a little since dad left, but the bottle was almost empty. She had never drank this much before. I took a cautious step forward, to see if she was okay. She looked straight at me, a little distant still.

                    " Get out." she growled. "Get out of my house." I backed away slowly, snatching the keys to my car on the way.

                   "GET OUT!" she screamed, and I bolted, slamming the door behind me. It was snowing heavily, and I was in my sweatshirt, sweats and socks. The fallen snow soaked through my socks, and I made my way through the snow to my car on tippy toes, hopping from one foot to another to keep my feet from freezing. I made it to the car, and got in as fast as I could. I shook my head and snuck one last glance at my mom through the window at the front of our house. She was still at the table, her face in her hands, and she looked like she was crying. She picked up the bottle and threw it at the wall, but I was out of the lot and down the road before it shattered.

---------------------------------------------This line break is dedicated to brooklinkailee------------------------------

                            I knocked on Victoria's door. She opened it and gestured for me to come inside, smiling, then she got a good look at me. I had a cut on my shoulder that had shredded through my sweatshirt, T-shirt, and skin, from a large nail sticking out of the door at my house. It was now soaking blood into my sweatshirt. My socks had been torn from running around in them, scratching my feet up too. My sweats were torn and my knee was bleeding from tripping on my way out the door, and falling on the pavement. She frowned, and gave me a look of sympathy.

                         "Do you need to stay over tonight?" I nodded breathlessly. She nodded back. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

                         Victoria gave me a random One Direction tee to wear from her closet, and an old sweatshirt that was a size to small for her, but fit me fine. She gave me a new pair of sweats, and new socks, and a spare pair of tennis shoes. The doorbell rang, and Vic answered it while I set up a sleeping bag and pillow for tonight.

                         Samuel and Josiah wanted to watch Napoleon Dynamite, but Victoria and I wanted to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron. Samuel eventually sided with us and we watched Age of Ultron. 

                           "I am Black Widow." Victoria stated towards the middle of the movie.

                             "I'm Quicksilver."  added Samuel.

                              "I'm- Jarvis." Josiah decided. Everyone looked at me expectantly.

                             "I will be- um- Kitty." Everybody groaned.

                            "That's X-men, not Avengers!" Victoria cried. I stuck my tongue out at her.

                              "I'm an individual." They all laughed.

                               I woke up in cold sweat. I threw on my jacket and ran  outside. I sat on the dock at the canoeing lake and stared at the lake for a minute. Then I curled up in a ball and started crying. I remembered a week later when I got a call from Victoria.

                                  "Brooklin?" I heard sobbing on the other end f the line.

                                  "Yes?"

                                   "Samuel is dead!" than I heard more sobbing. I didn't pay attention to anything she said after that I had dropped my phone, and I had ran. Ran from home. Ran from Vic. Ran from Everything. Because Samuel was gone. And nothing could change that.

A/N

Aren't I so mean, Omegasmileyface!