Five men, all in black suits with sunglasses and guns on their waists, standing in a semi-circle around the corner I was back into. Ryuu stood as the tallest, his arms folded over his chest and his eyes narrowed at Rodrick. Even though Rodrick seemed to be a long time customer, he didn't seem to approve of Rodrick's sick hobbies.

And Rodrick himself wasn't a looker either. He was probably in his early forties with light brown hair slicked back from his pudgey face. His eyes reminded me of mud and his chins fell in a row to the blue pin-striped suit he wore that was probably a size too small considering how desperately the threads were attempting to hold in his weight. He was a pot belly man, and rather tall as well. In fact, he was kneeling down in front of me, his mustache  twitching under his nose.

I was in a hallway, a large rounded corner of a hallway, with a small stand holding a lamp and vase of fake Japanese lilies. I didn't get to look around much longer because Rodrick grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. I glared at him sharply, trying to bleed out every bit of hate I held for him. He didn't seem to notice at first as he studied my eyes intently.

"His eyes are beautiful," Rodrick breathed, "Such a vibrant shade of blue! A strong shade of electric blue, but when you tilt his head up toward the lights they look like sapphires!" To prove his point, he forced me to tilt my head back.

"He's a Drakon," One of the men in suits spoke up calmly, "They are best known for their black hair and blue eyes. I must remind you that he is the only remaining Drakon left, so this kind of specimen is not available anywhere else in the world."

"I love him," Rodrick declared, touching my cheeks, "He's perfect. Excellent condition. Ah, and you said he's a vampire... May I see his fangs?" I stared at him. Was he bloody stupid? I wasn't the only one thinking this judging from the looks the other men were sharing with each other.

"I don't think that's a good idea," One of the men spoke up hesitantly, "He bites."

"It's fine," Rodrick answered coolly, "I've been bitten before." That still didn't put anyone at ease, but Ryuu said something in Japanese that made the other men grimace. Rodrick smiled, pleased. Apparently Ryuu had just granted his request. He reached around and undid the scarf around my mouth. He was just pulling his hand away and I took my chance, sinking my fangs down into the space between his thumb and forefinger. I planned to rip a chunk of flesh away, but Rodrick moved lightening fast and slammed my head back into the wall hard.

I gasped in pain, releasing his hand before hissing at him, baring my fangs. This gave the man who'd been holding me earlier the chance to shove a leather bite into my mouth. I tried to turn my head away, but he was already tying it on. I breathed hard against the bite, trying to push it out with my tongue, but to no avail.

Rodrick looked at the blood on his hand casually before looking away, reaching up to use his thumbs, pushing back my upper lip. His eyes glowed with interest and fascination as he ran his thumbs along the front of my fangs.

"Beautiful," Rodrick mused, "Pearly white."

"Have you decided?" Ryuu asked him, sounding impatient. Rodrick stood up, studying me from head to toe. I glared at him, wanting so badly to rip his throat open and spill his blood. I wouldn't even drink it, just leave him there to rot and stink.

"And you said Zephyra offered how much?" Rodrick asked, still not looking at the others, eyes locked on me.

"More than you can afford, human." The familiar voice made me snap my head to the side to see three men making their way toward us from the right side of the hallway.

I recognized the first man as Orion Cipriani. His blonde hair was cut short, bangs brushed forward over his forehead, above a pair of black wraparound shades. He wore a black riding jacket over a v-neck and black jeans, tall riding boots making heavy thuds as he made his way down the hallway.