Chapter 15: Remember

______________________

You know that feeling? The feeling between not giving up and giving up. Where your standing at the end of the cliff staring down at your fate, you already know what's going to happen if you fall. And your just about to do it to, but something holds you back. Tethers you to the cliff, so even if you jumped you could come back. That something is

Mel.

She pulled me back from whatever dark road I was choosing to go down and actually made me laugh. I actually felt normal again.

"Boys are so not worth it." Mel laughed as she ate another spoonful of ice cream.

"Um sitting right here." Caleb protested.

"Nobody invited you." Mel glared at him.

She loved Caleb even if she didn't admit it.

"I invited myself." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, as I spun around in circles in my rolling chair a bowl of ice cream in one hand a spoon in the other.

"Mel we are gonna have to work out after this." I said staring at the half eaten carton of ice cream.

"I don't need too." Caleb said flexing his muscles.

"Oh ya, I think you need to work on it a little." Mel said smirking but her cheeks had turned a tad darker.

"Let's see yours Melster." Caleb protested.

Melster how cute. They need to be a thing already. I leaned back in my chair enjoying there little argument.

Mel flexed her noodle arms.

"I think you need to tag along when I go to the gym." He said eating a spoonful of ice cream.

She rolled her eyes.

"I know, I know I have noodle arms." She sighed.

"You never told us how Australia was." I said looking at Caleb.

"Hot." He replied.

"I've always wanted to go to Australia you should take us sometime and, OH!" Mel's face light up "you could introduce me to one of your friends there and he will think I'm gorgeous and we end up getting married and having 3 children."

I chuckled.

"Why three?" Caleb asked.

"Cus 2, is to little and 4 is too much." I shrugged.

Caleb rolled his eyes and looked at his phone. I smiled at the screen saver it was a picture of me and him a while back but I still loved it.

"I got to go, I promised my mom I would be back in time to help her." He said scooping a quarter of the ice cream into his bowl.

Mel glared at him. He chuckled and got up.

"It's good ice cream." He argued.

"Bring that bowl back!" I shouted after him.

I heard a mumbled okay. I laughed and the smile still never left my face.

"I still think you two should get together." Mel stated.

"Me and Caleb? Never."

"You'd be cute."

"I know you like Caleb, Mel. So stop acting like you don't." I rolled my eyes.

"I do not like Caleb."

"Bull crap." I protested.

She rolled her eyes.