Chapter 3: Little Late

__________________

"Reg!" Melanie shouted from across the hallway meeting me at my locker, like she did everyday. Stella and Jenny in tow.

"Hm?" I hummed closing my locker.

"We need to go to your house after school." Jenny said a concerned look on her face.

"Um, why?" I asked looking between the three.

"That big end of trimester math test is tomorrow!" Stella cried.

"Oh, right. The one I tried talking about yesterday but everyone was too focused on that A-hole." I smiled at Melanie as I said it.

"You mean Asher." Jenny said fixing my not really a mistake, mistake.

"Right, Asher." I said through gritted teeth.

"So it's cool if we come to your house tonight?" Stella said as she started to walk down the hall and the rest of us followed.

"Are we going to really study or is it going to turn into a make out session with the football players?" I asked.

"Oh is it your turn to have them over tonight?" Jenny asked acting dumb, but she was bad at it and Mel knew it.

She shoved Jenny's shoulder glaring at her. Knowing clear well she blew it.

"I really didn't know." Stella said holding up her hands. But we all knew she knew too.

"Right." I drawled.

"Honest." She said shrugging.

Mel hit her hand to her head shaking it.

"You guys are welcome to come-"

"Oh sweet! I hope Jardy is coming tonight." Jenny grinned.

"But." I said louder. "You have to promise me you won't go down and see the guys."

Jenny and Stella frowned.

"I promise." Melanie said speaking up and looking between Stella and Jenny.

"Fine." Stella and Jenny grumbled as the bell to class rang.

"Good. Until after cheer practice then?"

They all nodded, giving a small goodbye as we all turned to go our different ways to our first hour class. Finding my seat easily in Mr. Little fields classroom I reached deep into my bag to grab my history binder and as I looked up I frowned.

Asher sat in the seat behind me. Mr. Little field was a cool teacher he never did seating charts ever instead called roll. The bad part to this was we could sit anywhere.

"I'm sure that seat isn't the last one in this classroom." I said shooing him away.

"Nah, I think I'll just stay in this one." He said slouching down in his seat.

I rolled my eyes turning around and waiting for Mr. Little field to call roll, before starting his lesson for the day. About halfway into class I started to feel a slight tug on a strand of my hair here and there. At first I tried to ignore it as best I could. After all he was just looking for a reaction out of me. However, something about this new Asher royal ticked me off. I spun aprons in my seat so fast it startled him.