Chapter 14: White Limos

I actually don't hate you, I hate who you've become.
I promised you I would love you forever and I do.
To the old you, my first love, you will always hold a place in my heart.
-K.L.

_____________________

"Oh you look amazing." Mel said through the FaceTime.

"You think so?" I asked looking down at the sea green dress. It stopped just below my knees and the top was jeweled.

"I know so, Asher is going to love it."

"I'm not going with Asher." I said sitting down in a chair.

"Why not?"

"'My mom is making me go with some guy." I said trying to hide the fact that I was more than happy to go with him.

"Is he cute?"

I rolled my eyes.

"How come you never told me you where the vice captain?" I smirked changing the subject.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't act dumb, Your captain told me."

"Your mad aren't you."

"I'm mad that you didn't tell me."

"I didn't want to rub it in your face, because I knew how much you wanted it." She said looking down.

"Thanks Mel, but I'm really happy for you. If I couldn't have gotten vice captain I'm glad you did and I hope you kick Sierra out of her spot."

Her smiled widened.

"I got to go but I will call you later so you can tell me all the details."

She smiled and waved before ending the FaceTime.

I grabbed a purse to carry my phone in, one disadvantage of a dress. And slipping on the shoes Mel and I had picked out before walking out down the hall. Asher was laid out on the couch watching TV. Seems like that's all he does now a days.

When he saw me he smiled. His eyes never leaving me.

"What do you think?" I said spinning around in a circle like I did before.

"Stunning, Reeder. Colter will love it." He said ripping his gaze from me back to the TV.

He had gotten all dressed up too. Wearing a pitch black tux with a pink bow tie.

"Pink, really?" I asked sitting down in the white chair beside him.

He tried to look down at it.

"Thought it would be something a little different, plus it'll match Olivia's dress." He replied changing the channel on the TV.

"Who's Olivia?"

"Some rich guys snobby daughter."