Chapter 9: Can't Forget

It may seem as the hardest thing to do,
But you have to forget the guy who forgot
about you.
-The Notebook

_________________

I looked at the clock then back to my phone. The screen has yet to light up with a message and the clock has yet to move it's hands. I was getting inpatient sitting here waiting for his flight. I couldn't wait to see him again. To see my best friend. To finally by happy again.

My phone buzzed and I quickly answered it in hopes of it being Caleb.

"Hello."

"Hey, Reg. Should the streamers be on the front porch too? Or would that ruin the surprise?" Mel asked.

I sighed a little disappointed.

"Um do what ever. I got to go, keeping the line clear for Caleb to call." I said quickly hanging up.

I stared at my phone still no message. I started to tap my foot, impatient.

"Can't wait to see someone?" A guy who looked around my age asked as he sat down in the chair next to me.

He had blonde shaggy hair and piercing blue eyes. He was fairly built and had a nice even tan. He reminded me of some surfer dude you'd see in the movies.

"Um yeah. My best friend. His a foreign exchanged student, and he is coming home."

He nodded sipping his drink.

"What about you?" I asked.

"My girlfriend. We are doing the whole long distance thing."

"And how's it working out?" I asked genuine curious.

"I'm not sure." He said staring ahead of him. "She's been gone for two years collage in New York. And even though we talk through Skype and stuff I have a feeling she's been cheating on me."

"That's no good." I said.

He shook his head.

"It's not. Distance can either grow you apart or together."

I nodded feeling my phone buzz I practically jumped in my seat as I read the text.

I'm here, where are you Reggie?

I smiled at his nickname for me and quickly text back.

Meet me at gate 23.

"Well my friends plane just landed. I hope things work out for you and your girlfriend..." I trilled off relizing I don't know his name.

"Dalton." He smiled holding out his hand which I shook.

"Reagan."

"Well don't just stand there go see your best friend." He said smiling shooing me away.

"Right, bye." I smiled and practically ran to gate 23 which wasn't far from where I was sitting anyway.

My smile grew bigger when I saw his dark brown hair and big brown eyes. His eyes lite up as he saw me, wrapping me in a huge hug and lifted me off my feet.

"Reg, I've missed you." He mumbled into my hair.

"I've missed breathing." I barley made out.

He laughed, letting go of me and placing me back down on the ground.