Chapter 5 ~ "Morning At Ben's House"

(6:47am, Saturday)

*yawn*...

That was a...refreshing...sleep. I've never had a refreshing and happy sleep ever since....Mom...no, I shouldn't talk about it...

I looked around, the window was showing beams of light while the curtains tried their best to hide it, I tried to move around, until I realized...it... Ben was spooning me... I stared at him, he looked sound asleep. He had a smile on his face, and then, I realized that our legs were interlocked... What happened when we were asleep...?! I tried not to wake up Ben as I slowly removed his hand and legs off me. But, that was a fail, because Ben woke up, first thing my fingers touched his arm...

"Y-Yo... E-E-Evie...! How *yawn* you doin'?", Ben grinned at me as he did his morning stretch. I glanced at him and tried to do at least a grin back...

And I succeeded, but my face pained, because I've never smiled or grinned before...so... I guess. . . My face was so used to frowning and crying that it removed 'smiling' out of it's function...-- "You look cute when you smile", Ben chuckled as he got off the bed. What the heck is he talking about?! I am not cute...! Why do people say that?! I ran off to his guest-room-bathroom, and did my 'morning stuff'. I got changed to my yellow t-shirt with the words 'HAPPINESS IS KEY!'. I wish that happened to my life... *sigh*...I got my jeans on and I put on my yellow and white striped socks on and my white sneakers. I brushed my hair and tied it in a very high pony tail...and I looked at myself in the mirror...I looked bad...

I exited the guest-room-bathroom and...BOOM! Ben was there. He was staring at awe when I exited... "Y-You're...beautiful...", stuttered Ben as he tried to throw compliments at me. I blushed, "N-No! D-Don't make me bl-bl-blush!", I stuttered to him too. Ben grabbed my hand and grinned at me, "Well, I'm sorry, Miss Yvette, but we must resort to breakfast!", and...there he is...trying... to be a gentleman...Ah... Ben is so sweet. That makes me smile...

We sat down at the table and...there was...waffles with loads of syrup dripping from the top, butter and toasted bread, pancakes with loads of syrup on them too! And for a breakfast dessert, there was fruit parfait!...WOW! I've never had this much food for breakfast! I didn't deserve this! "Go on! Eat up!", Ben tried to talk to me with his mouth full of pancakes and toasted bread with butter. I took a fork...and... then, at lightning speed, I gobbled everything up...leaving me with no room for dessert... "Aw! You ate it all! I wanted to eat the waffles!", Ben pouted, "But, that means the fruit parfait is all mine!", and he starts to gobble the fruit parfait up.

Then, Giselle wakes up and comes in, oh shoot! Is my face messy?! Is there a syrup drool?! Is butter on my cheeks?! Where's the tissue-- "Good Morning, children! How was your good ol' nap?". I reached for the tissue and wiped my face. "Aye, Mother! Wonderful sleep, we had, lassie!". "Haha, well...young laddies, Thanksgiving is coming soon...and after Thanksgiving...is Halloween!", Giselle giggled, trying to be enthusiastic about holidays. Ben looked at me, "Hey--Evie! Wanna come to my house for Thanksgiving dinner?". I looked at Ben and nodded.

"Great!", Ben cheered.