Chapter Sixteen: Changed Views

Dipper walked home by himself, a smile on his face.

He closed the front door and stood in front of Mabel, who was sitting on the chair in the living room and watching the television.

Mabel squinted.

"What's got you do happy?"

"Well, Bill said he loved me!" Dipper said excitedly.

His sister shot up in her chair.

"Shut. Up."

She gripped her brother's shoulders.

"Are you kidding?"

"No!" Dipper replied happily.

Mabel hugged him tightly, making inhuman noises.

"I'VE BEEN SHIPPING THIS FOREVER YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM FOR YOU RIGHT NOW, BRO!"

Dipper pulled away suddenly.

"Wait," he said, "what do we do now?"

Mabel grinned. "Well..."

"...You guys can make love."

Dipper blushed deeply.

"No," he muttered.

"Well, maybe you guys can go out on a date or something, then," the female twin said, losing her grin. "Just, like, go to a fancy restaurant or something and eat your dinner, ya know...," she trailed off for a moment, then added, "and then after that you can talk about mushy stuff and make out like they do in the movies."

Dipper smiled lightly, touching his lips lightly with his fingers.

He wouldn't mind kissing Bill again...

"But what do I know?" Mabel suddenly said, jolting Dipper out of his thoughts. "After all, you are the one who snagged a lover first."

Then she winked, which suddenly made Dipper feel more reassured.

✴ ✴ ✴

"Where are we going, Pine Tree?"

"Mabel told me to take you on a date."

"Shouldn't I be the one taking you out?"

Dipper stopped walking.

"Why?"

Bill shrugged. "We both know I'm the one who's been trying to win you over all these months, so it would only make sense." He clenched his jaw. "Well, unless there's something about humans that I don't quite understand."

Dipper laughed, "No, I think you're doing just fine."

They smiled at each other for a moment.

Then, "Where are we going?"

Dipper snapped out of yet another trance. "Oh, uh, I just figured we'd go to Greasy's or something, considering there really isn't anywhere to go that's too nice in town..." He bit his bottom lip and rubbed his arm, suddenly feeling awkward. Yeah, it wasn't as fancy as he wanted, but what could you do?

The dinner was okay. They had both gotten the same thing, a simple salad, because Dipper couldn't come up with anything better and Bill was following in his footsteps because he had no idea what to do.

After it was done Bill dragged Dipper into an alleyway, and before Dipper could protest, he was pulled into a deep kiss. Hesitantly, Dipper wrapped his arms around Bill's neck and returned the kiss, blushing madly.

Bill pulled away, grinning.

"Isn't desert the best part of the meal~"

Dipper laughed and pushed him away roughly. "Where do you even learn this stuff, you creep," he gigled.

"Your sister."

Dipper snorted, trying to hide a smile. "Of course."

They kissed again, hungrily. After a few moments Bill pulled away, trailing his lips down to Dipper's neck. "Pulchra es," he whispered.

"Damn...tease," Dipper said back, biting back a moan.

"Yes."

Bill pulled away, "You know you're mine and mine only, right?"

Dipper was taken aback. "Why such a sudden question?"

"Because I need to make sure."

Gulping, Dipper nodded. "I'm yours. I love you."

"I love you more."

Dipper laughed and playfully punched his arm. "Doubtful."

Bill raised an eyebrow. "Do I need to prove it."

"No! Please don't. I could barely walk for a week the last time."

They laughed and joked playfully all night, quite content with each other's company. And it was then that Dipper realized something:

What was Bill going to do when he died?

Pulchra es: You are beautiful.