Chapter Six: Change For You

The sound of feet on dry leaves echoed through the forest as the male Pines' twin walked home from the woods on Friday afternoon, heading back to the Shack after an exhausting monster hunt.

Both of the twins decided to get their degrees online, figuring it'd be easier than leaving Bill on weekdays to head to campus. Dipper could get a day- maybe two days- worth of work done in a few hours, so he could go to help Bill out with the business.

Of course, Bill had everything handled. There weren't many tourists around so business was kind of lagging, but with the prices that Bill set up they were making enough money to support themselves.

Bill and Mabel soon grew to be good friends, but even after all the time together, Dipper still mistrusted Bill. Everytime the demon looked at him, he felt as if he was planning something...

Grunkle Stan called in occasionally to check to see how the twins were doing with the business, and Dipper was the one to tell him they had a new worker.

"You what?" Stan asked, seeming less angry and more surprised.

"Yeah," Dipper said, sitting on his bed and rubbing one his eyes, yawning. He looked out the window. The leaves were falling off the trees and landing on the ground. Dipper smiled. He loved the sound of foot on leaves, it just sounded so soothing.

"What's his or her name?" the old man asked, and grunted so Dipper supposed that he was trying to move.

Dipper took a deep breath and said, "William."

Stan thought about this for a minute. "William," he repeated, curiously, and Dipper felt his heart speed up in his chest.

Please don't figure it out, he thought desperately.

But then Stan said, "Cool, kid. I was gonna tell you to get some help, anyway. You both have to make it through college, after all."

"Yeah, we're doing it online so William doesn't have too much to do. I can finish two days' work in three hours, so I usually go to help him after I'm done. But I have no idea what Mabel does, because she takes a while and is barely done with a day's worth."

Stan thought about this for a minute. Then he said, "Okay, kid. At least you guys are alright and the Shack is still in one piece." Dipper snickered at that and said goodbye, hanging up and lying down on his bed and staring at the ceiling.

Then he heard Bill call him so he got up and walked downstairs. Bill was waiting for him.

"Let's go," he said.

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "Go where?"

Bill was holding a newspaper. He reached over and smacked Dipper lightly on the nose with it, then said, "We're getting decorations. For the Shack. Your sister is out doing who-knows-what and I can't drive, so you're taking me to the store."

Dipper held his nose and shrugged, "Sure. But you owe me for this. I was gonna go on a monster hunt."

"You literally just came back from one," the demon replied, amusement on his face.

"Yeah, but I thought I saw something so I was planning on going back out. It's Friday. I go hunting late on Fridays. You should know that by now."

Bill smirked. "What's more important, the creature you're looking for that I already know about, or saving your uncle's business?"

Dipper wanted to retort but he couldn't come up with anything so he threw on this coat and followed Bill out the Shack. He went in the driver's seat and the demon got into the passanger seat. He was humming softly, which started to annoy Dipper after a few moments.