Chapter Seven: When It Rains, It Pours

Dipper was sitting on the chair in the living room, eating a bowl of cereal while watching the news. He was glad that he was able to get the last of the cereal, or else Mabel would've eaten it.

The weatherman showed up on the screen, looking cheerful.

"As for the entire Gravity Falls area, there will be a heavy thunderstorm tonight, but it's going to pass right over us, so we should have nice weather for Halloween tomorrow. It should be a little wet, but that won't stop most kids from trick-or-treating."

Dipper ate another spoonful of his cereal when Bill walked into the living room, already dressed and ready for the day, unlike Dipper who was still in his pajamas.

"Raining today," Dipper mumbled through his mouthful of cereal. Then he swallowed and added, "It's gonna be pretty bad."

Bill stood confused for a moment. "How do you know that?"

Dipper laughed. "I'm watching the news," the young man replied, stuffing another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

The demon still looked confused. "What news?" he asked.

"The news is when people go on TV and tell us what's happening in the world and the latest events that are going on, like a soccer team winning a game or a murder on so-and-so street." Dipper tried not to laugh at the demon's ignorance, so he wound up choking on his cereal, punching himself in the chest and coughing it up on the floor. Bill looked on, disgust marking his face as the chewed-up cereal fell onto the ground.

"I'll clean it," Dipper said, putting his bowl on the nightstand next to the chair. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a napkin, going back to pick up the coughed-up food. Bill watched him with something like curiosity in his eyes.

Noticing this, Dipper looked up at the demon. "What is it?" he asked, trying not to sound mean but failing in the attempt.

Bill opened his mouth to speak when Mabel ran down the stairs, running past them to get to the kitchen. She opened a cabinet and frowned. Then she walked up to Dipper, who was still on the ground with the disgusting napkin in hand.

"Bro! Did you take the last of the cereal?"

Dipper groaned, irritated. "It's not that big a deal," he said, "we can just go to the store and get more tomorrow."

Mabel huffed. "Tomorrow? Why not today?"

"Have you watched the news yet? There's gonna be a thunderstorm, and I am not driving in horrible weather."

Bill was watching them argue, obviously amused by the whole thing.

"Ugh, whatever," the female twin growled, going back up the stairs. Dipper smirked and threw the napkin away, going back to the chair and grabbing the bowl of cereal again. He started eating some more when he saw Bill staring at him.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Dipper asked, kind of irritated, and Bill started laughing hysterically.

"You and your sister are so cute, Pine Tree!" he chuckled, "Arguing over something as pointless as that!" Then he burst into another laughing fit and leaned against the wall for support. Dipper looked at him with an unamused expression on his face.

"Are you done yet?" Dipper asked, and when Bill stopped laughing, he said, "And you wonder why I don't want to be friends with you. Would it kill you to just try to act normal?"

"But you were the one who told me to not change myself for you, kid." The demon snickered and added, "What do you want me to do, kid? I'm lost here."

"I don't know, do what you want."

"Oh, I will," Bill said back, grinning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dipper spent the next three hours doing his schoolwork for the day. Then he got out of his bed, closing the laptop and pulling out one of the journals. The third one.

He ran one of his hands over the over before opening it and flipping through the pages, breathing in the familiar smell. It felt good, being able to just be alone. Mabel and Bill were downstairs bonding or whatever, so the young man actually had alone time.

He kept looking through the pages absentmindedly until he came across Bill's page. He looked at it for a moment, a little unaccustomed to the demon's triangle form, due to living with him as a human for the past few months.

"Dipper! Come down and have fun with us! We're playing checkers! You can have next game!" Mabel's call came from downstairs.

Thunder rumbled outside, it had been all day. The storm was pretty bad. It was raining so hard that the ceiling in the attic started to leak a little, and the power had gone out a few times during the day.

Dipper took a deep breath, not replying to Mabel's offer. He kept staring at Bill's page, then quickly decided to look at it later. He reached at the side of his bed for a bookmark.

"Pine Tree! Why aren't you downstairs yet?"

Dipper almost fell off the bed. Bill had actually walked upstairs to go check on him. Noticing the journal was still sitting out, open to Bill's page, he quickly put the bookmark away and shut the journal.

But the demon noticed, because he said, "Whatcha doing, Pine Tree?" And he walked over and grabbed the journal before Dipper could do anything.

Bill opened to his own page and grinned. "Do you really like me that much, Pine Tree? Wow, I didn't know I was that special, kid." Then he put the journal back down and ruffled the young man's hair before saying, "Are you gonna come play checkers? You should play your sister first, I'm too good."

"I'm good."

The demon frowned. Then he sat down on the bed next to Dipper and asked, "I'm trying my best here, kid. All I want is to be your friend and you keep pushing me away. How am I supposed to be your friend if you won't let me try?"

Dipper took a deep breath. Then he stood up and headed down the stairs, greeted by his sister, who looked very excited to see him.

"You're actually playing with us? Awesome!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journal Entry Four

At first I thought Bill was just trying to trick me into something, but wow. He isn't, he actually wants to be my friend. I wasn't expecting that.

So yeah, I think I'm friends with a demon.

~Dipper Pines

Dipper closed his notebook, taking a deep breath. Then he closed his eyes and placed his head on his pillow, letting sleep overtake him.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I just ran out of ideas. Also, the fanfic is going to speed up from this part.

Also, sorry for not updating in a while, guys.