Chapter Three: Human

"Where are you going?" Dipper asked his twin sister, grabbing her by her arm. It was a week after his nightmare with Bill. Nothing had happened since then, which relieved Dipper, but that didn't mean he was completely. He didn't like the thought of being alone, and he barely slept at all, drinking coffee and studying the journals all night.

Mabel pulled her arm away from her brother, frowning. "I'm hanging out with Candy and Grenda," she replied, rubbing her arm as if Dipper was covered in some type of deadly bacteria. Then she saw the fear on his face and asked, "What's wrong?"

Dipper tried to find the right words to use. "I...It's just...I don't wanna be home by myself." Stan was out giving a tour, Soos was with his grandma, and Wendy was doing whatever she was doing. Despite not seeing Bill in seven days, the young man didn't want to take the chance of seeing him again.

Mabel looked closely at her brother for a moment. "Bro, you must be exhausted. You've barely slept at all! You need to stay home and take a nap. Being alone will give you some peace and quiet."

Dipper waved his arms around frantically. "But if I go to sleep I'm only gonna have another nightmare! And being here alone is gonna drive me paranoid!"

Mabel scoffed. "You're already paranoid," she said, and ran her hand through her brother's messy hair. "Trust me, you're gonna feel so much better after a nice, quiet nap."

That's what she thinks, Dipper thought, trying not to cry. Then, before he could say anything else, his sister walked out of the Shack, leaving him alone. He locked all the doors and shut the windows, then grabbed the journal he had with him and walked upstairs to the attic, bringing a cup of coffee with him. He locked the door after himself and propped himself down on the bed.

The young man reached into his bag and pulled out a blank notebook. He opened it, breathing in the scent of the untouched loose leaf pages. Then he grabbed a pen out of his shirt pocket and opened to the first page, starting to write words in it.

Journal Entry One

Dipper lightly bit down on the end of his pen, thinking of what to write so he wouldn't mess up while writing. Then words came into his mind and he wrote them down swiftly, with such grace, as if he didn't want them to slip out of the grasp of his memory.

Hello, I'm Dipper Pines. I'm an aspiring paranormal investigator, and I'm currently in Gravity Falls with my sister, Mabel. Now, Gravity Falls isn't exactly a normal town.

Dipper leaned back against his bed, making it creak softly.

There are tons of weird things here, like gnomes and a large amount of mythical creatures, some even I don't understand. And what I want to do is understand them.

Now, there's one in paticualar I'd like to know about: Bill Cipher.