Chapter Eight: Horrors...And Candy

Like the weatherman had said, the storm passed right over Gravity Falls. When Dipper woke up, sunlight went into his face, making him smile. Halloween night tonight, he thought, I can't wait to see how good this is gonna be.

"Wake up, Pine Tree," came Bill's voice, and Dipper could tell the demon was standing over him. But the young man was too tired to open his eyes or, really, to move any part of his body.

Dipper stirred in the bed, moving so he could face the wall. "Just give me, like, five more minutes," he said, sleepily. Then he felt his eyelids get heavier...

"I gave you hours, kid. Now get up before I make you."

Dipper frowned but still didn't open his eyes. "Time?" he asked.

"Two in the afternoon, kid. Now get up."

Dipper shot up and looked around, then turned to face Bill, who was looking slightly irritated. "Wait, why didn't you wake me up? You could've just woken me up!"

Bill snickered and started to head out of the room. "You looked so peaceful, I couldn't bring myself to do it."

"Do you still need help with the last of the Halloween decorations?" Dipper asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Me and Shooting Star finished hours ago," the demon replied, waving one of his hands dismissively and walking out of the room.

Dipper got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. He turned on the water and started washing his face, then looked at himself in the mirror. I look horrible. Did I not get any sleep last night? I don't really remember... Then he realized something. Did Bill send me a dream or something...If so I don't remember it...

Dipper splashed more ways on his face, trying to wake himself up. When he was sure he was awake enough, he grabbed a towel and dried off his face, then went downstairs to look at the decorations.

The Shack was completely decorated, and well-done, at that. There were ghosts hanging from the cieling and even fake blood on the wall. Diope reached out to touch it, only to feel stickiness. The young man pulled his hand away and wiped it against his pants, not caring that they were stained.

"Is that real?" he asked, looking at Bill, who grinned and winked.

Mabel came out of the kitchen, dressed like a witch. "Hey, Bro! Aren't you gonna put on your costume?"

"My costume? But I never..." Dipper trailed off and glared at Bill, who grinned even wider. Then he stepped back and shook his head. "Absolutely not. I am not wearing a costume."

Bill pouted. "Come on, kid. It won't be that bad."

Mabel nodded in agreement and giggled. "It's gonna be amazing! Come on, Bro, you know you have no choice."

Bill and Mabel had forced Dipper to put it on, a wizard costume. Dipper felt uncomfortable in it, not liking it at all. It felt like he was wearing a dress instead of a robe.

When he was done putting it on he walked out of the bathroom, getting praise from Bill and Mabel.

"Good!" the female twin said, and walked up to him. She pushed his bangs out of his face, revealing his birthmark. "I think it would look much cooler like this." Then she smiled and turned to Bill. "What do you think, William?" It was then Dipper realized that Bill wasn't wearing a costume.