Orochimaru's Attack and Minako's Regret

Maybe things were looking up...

I wish that were so.

Now, last time you heard from the insanity that is me, I had a heartwarming makeup with my friends. That was all well and good and all, but now I have bigger problems...

So, let's get on with the story, shall we?

How could I ever win this?

I wiped blood from my lip, and thought for a moment. 

What's my next move?

I smeared blood on my arm and yelled, "Summoning Jutsu: Worldly Arrow!" And in poofed a chestnut arrow, that seemed like a royal one. It sparkled with a unique radiance. I set it on my bow, and jumped over the Shukaku. While I was in the air, I whispered, "Element Technique: Earthquake..." I let the arrow go, and immediately seismic waves formed under the Shukaku and rocked it into a forming sinkhole. The arrow ran through the Shukaku's eye, and a burst of light came from the creature. It's eye was starting to turn to stone. Unfortunately, after the eyeball, the jutsu stopped. The Shukaku roared in anger and stared at me.

"Puny human... How dare you hold up resistance!" It growled.

"I hold up resistance because I have something worth fighting for!" I yell, landing on the Shukaku's head.

"What? Your insignificant life?" The Shukaku questioned. I shook my head, stopping myself from tearing up.

"No... Just a very good friend, that's gone down the wrong path."  I kneel, and slide down the Shukaku's head, and start to claw at the creature's other good eye.

"RAAAWWRGHH!! Quit that!" The Shukaku lifted it's paw and smacked me hard off the top of it's head, into a wall of building, close to the roof. 

"CAAGHHFFF!" I cried, about to fall towards the ground, when a rough hand grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

I was on my hands and knees, coughing up blood, when I looked up to see who my savior was.

"Uragiri!?" I cry, with barely a voice.

"Yeah." He whispers, squinting with concentration to stay awake.

"Why did you save me? You obviously have a bad concussion!" I was overflowing with motherly worry, which at the moment, didn't seem to fit the situation.

"Me? Look at yourself, you look like a bloody pulp, and you're still fighting the Shukaku?"  I observed myself, and gave a chuckle.

"Heh, guess I don't look too hot, huh?" I laughed.

"Is this seriously something to laugh about?" He deadpanned.

"Nope. But might as well smile in my final moments in this life." I shrugged. He stares in shock. Like a WTF? look.

"Well, Uragiri, I'm going to go finish this." I say.

I ran, looking all over. My heart was pounding. It didn't make sense. Less than twenty minutes ago, I knew where he was!

Gaara was nowhere in sight.

Orochimaru had most likely made his move. How could I have been so stupid? Caught up in stupid apologies when much more was at stake. Oh well, guess I'll just have to fix it. I ran to the back of the arena. I stopped, coming upon a rage filled, grotesque Gaara.

"Gaara!" I shout. He doesn't answer, and gets up. 

"Heh heh..." His voice was strangely gruff and threatening. "Hello, Miya. Time to die!'' He jumped up, and swung at me. He caught me off guard, and whacked me across the face, and I slammed into the wall behind me.