It Was Never Hate

MINAKO'S P.O.V.

I waited for the ref to call out the who will be fighting who's, and I was honestly getting fidgety. I knew for sure that Shino was staring at me, and I dare not look to see if Gaara was too. But... He probably was. I never much liked being the center of attention, but I guess rubbing your ass in someone's face has some consequences. Only a little. I was tapping my foot impatiently, and I sighed. My life was just fucked. What else could it be? I knew Sasuke's and Naruto's life was almost as bad as mine, but... They were young yet. They had the rest of their life ahead of them. And I couldn't have much of a life if I wanted to have a body for my next reincarnation. I had to lay low... Something I wasn't doing so well right now.

The ref walked back in, and he started to read out the list. I waited to hear who Shino was fighting, and was surprised to hear it was Kankuro. I just hoped he could do it. That's when I heard who I was fighting. I hadn't really thought much of who I was going to fight, and  hadn't much cared, either. But now that I did know, I wished I could change the line up.

"Minako Aburame V.S. Sasuke Uchiha!" The ref shouted just as loud as the other names. My opponent's name hit me hard. Sasuke was my friend. I was partly glad Sasuke was with Kakashi at the moment, since I didn't want to see his face when he found out he would fight me. I saw Naruto look at me sympathetically, as if to say... Sorry, too bad. 

Yes... Because that truly helps.

I love you too, Naruto.

I walked out of the arena, to go back to, well, I guess home, but it's not like I truly wanted to be there either. 

I guess life just doesn't want me there, or, anywhere, but  I didn't need something like feelings to get in my way, so home it was. Shino was behind me on the path the whole time, in a sort of creepy hair pervert stalker way, but I decided to ignore him. It wasn't worth my time. Shino himself was, but he didn't need to know all about me. It wasn't his business. The only reason I told Gaara in the first place was to save Shino and Gaara's life.

Go figure.

I shrugged off my depressing thoughts, and I found it surprisingly easy. I guess after so much tragedy... You just get used to it.

When Gaara decided to scare the living pee out of me. (My pee is not alive, it's just an expression.) I yelped, obviously. Even a sand pervert can catch me off guard. [I know I just called Gaara a sand pervert. Got a problem?]  He just appeared right in front of me like it was normal, and waited for me to notice he was there. I did.

"I need to know," He said. Alright, KNOW WHAT MOTHAF*CKER!! I'd almost had enough of this kid, if you couldn't tell. 

"Know what?" I said kinder than I thought it.

"Who exactly my uncle and father were." I sighed. So, obviously he had figure out two things. That his ______ killed his _____. And his _____ was the __________. (If you were bothered by the blanks, I suggest you curse at your pillow rather than the computer. The computer is sensitive.)

I looked at him, the ever curious jinchuriki boy. I meant Gaara, not Naruto. And he was very eager to know, for lack of better term. I directed him to a nearby alleyway, and I told him I'd have to look through what he'd just seen to explain correctly. I touched his forehead, and I was thrust back to a moment in my past I remember well.

It had been a while since I had become their sensei. I was in a teenage body, and Iris was still shy, but was nowhere near as bad as he used to be. Uragiri was unlike any other student I had ever taught. He was quick, clever, and naturally merciless. I was good friends with both of them, but after so long, I was also sure they knew I wasn't just who I said I was. Nevertheless, they didn't ask more than they had too. My white hair was longer, and my clothes had changed over time, and I had gotten much taller. My pupils Uragiri and Iris were ready for their final test.